Community
OpenEnergyMonitor

OpenEnergyMonitor Community

Upgrades to WiFi Relay

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007f1bd8289650>

Hi guys,

I have some doubts regarding to the MQTT Wi-Fi relay. I will be as brief as possible:

1. Firmware upgrade OTA failed. I had Firmware version 2949 working fine and the web uploader failed while burning the latest firmware. Now the LED is always ON (not blinking anymore) and the relay is not showing AP SSID. (resetting doesn’t work). I tried to use esptool but it doesn’t connect. I would like to get it back. ¿Any suggestions?
$ esptool.py --port /dev/ttyUSB0 --baud 460800 write_flash --flash_freq 80m --flash_mode qio --flash_size 16m-c1 0x1000 oem.v3361.bin 
WARNING: Flash size arguments in megabits like '16m-c1' are deprecated.
Please use the equivalent size '2MB-c1'.
Megabit arguments may be removed in a future release.
esptool.py v3.0
Serial port /dev/ttyUSB0
Connecting........_____....._____....._____....._____....._____....._____....._____

A fatal error occurred: Failed to connect to Espressif device: Timed out waiting for packet header
  1. Thermostat Settings has many inputs to select, but I understand that the only one that’s currently working is DS18B20 sensor #1, right? (“currently only DS18B20 sensor is implemented”). What about the other inputs? Are you going to add this features? DHT22 temperature, DHT22 humidity, ADC, MQTT, Serial input, Fixed value (10).

2. NodeRED. I know that I control the relay through NodeRED. Is it through MQTT Settings? What is the difference with the input MQTT in the previous item?

3. Licence CC BY-NC-SA 3.0. Can I resell the product? What if I want to help develop the project for commercial purposes? Let’s say a client wants an adaptation of the web interface so I had to use a custom firmware. Commercial restriction still applies? What can I do and not do?

Thank you.