Community
OpenEnergyMonitor

Community

Update options for 9.3

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007f6e03730938>

What (if?!) are my update options for an install of emoncms 9.3 (date 2015.12.30) that’s on an Apache webserver rather than a Pi? After backing it all up I tried git pull in the webroot folder but it reported:

fatal: Not a git repository (or any parent up to mount point /data)
Stopping at filesystem boundary (GIT_DISCOVERY_ACROSS_FILESYSTEM not set).

The Update & check button on the Admin page only does database updates.

Chris.

I’m not an emoncms expert, however there have been significant changes between versions and I think the recommendation will be to back everything and then your data separately, install the latest version and then restore the data. I can’t help you with the details, but I’m sure they have been posted here fairly recently.

That is not a simple answer. I’ve been trying to help folk update with mixed results (have a look back through the threads). A great deal has changed since the release you are running.

We’ll need to know a bit more about the setup you have, how much data (how long have you been collecting), why on a server instead of a Pi, how you use it etc.

I feel the best way to update from older installs, is to start from scratch, preferably with a fresh install of Ubuntu18LTS, but running alongside your existing system. I’ve been using (and helping develop) the EmonScripts which is designed to be some scripts that will help with installing on ‘other’ Unix based systems. I’ve used this recently with quite a bit of success on a VM though it is not perfect right now.

Certainly I’d advise against doing a git pull.

1 Like