Unable to connect after power outage

Had my EmonPi set up for a few months now and had no issues, we had a couple of quick power dips today and since then I’m unable to connect to the PI over WiFi using the IP.

I’m not as savy as I’d like to think so go easy on me, any help would be great.

Hello @BioHzrd what does the emonPi say on the LCD? is it stuck on booting?

Yeah it’s stuck saying Booting Please Wait at the moment.

Any advice on this please 3 days still in same situation.

Hello @BioHzrd, sorry to not get back to you sooner!

Unfortunately this usually means that the SD card has corrupted.
We have a guide here on how to restore a system using a new SD card and a SD card reader to import the data from the current card: Import / Backup - Guide | OpenEnergyMonitor.

If you are not comfortable with the process described there, we can carry out this process for you if you return the unit to us. Feel free to email us on [email protected] if that is what you would like to do.

Can I just factory reset the device and start from scratch I don’t mind loosing the data collected so far ?

Or does that still involve the steps on the link provided ?

Do I incur a charge for returning the unit to have it reset other than postage costs ?

If you don’t mind losing all your data (including the input processing you set up, dashboards, etc) then anything is worth trying.

If the SD card has physical damage (which you might only find out later) then a new card is necessary. You can take out the old card, download the emonCMS image and re-flash it - undoubtedly the cheapest and simplest. See Update & Upgrade - Guide | OpenEnergyMonitor → 1. Prepare a new card
Of course it’s the same procedure whether you’re re-flashing the old card to revitalise it, or flashing a new card.