UART / I2C on PZEM-022 V2.0

All the information I know is in this thread. I do have a PZEM-022, but I don’t have the time necessary to investigate and write anything up for you - and I’m unlikely to have for a considerable time. If you want the output power rather than current as you originally said, then yes, you may well need to separate the voltage you’re measuring from your power supply. I suspect that might happen naturally, but I won’t know until I or somebody else looks. From what James wanted to do, wrote, and because he hasn’t come back, I have to think it did what he wanted.

I was playing around with it and put 12v DC to the 470 16v but it didn’t register any thing but it turned on, then when I connected the load to it and the CT it fried the meter, which I had a feeling it would but was worth the shot. I do appreciate your time. Thank you!

That’s unfortunate. Did you cross-connect the common (most likely ground) of your 12 V supply and the centre terminal of the a.c. voltage input?

If you did, that is likely to be the problem, because the two centre terminals (one the voltage input, the other the c.t.) are connected together and I suspect they are both the common to all the electronics. As your amplifier is 3 kW (? :exploding_head: ), it’s almost certainly the case that both output terminals of the amplifier at a high voltage and you passed an excessive current through the path you created from the PZEM terminal block to the connection you made for the supply.

I am also interested in finding a way to extract live readings from this device so that I can monitor it using hass. I somehow managed to find the source code of this on GitHub (not 100% sure it is of the same device, but seems to build for the v98xx chipset 8051 mcu)
It is in Chinese, so I had trouble trying to translate it to understand what it does. If you look into C_Source/S5_ApiProtocol/*, there is some mentions of IEC protocol or something. Maybe someone can look into it. I found two repos from the same user: