Troubles flashing modules

Hi all,
I have the same issue, " Failed, error code 3 FAILED_ENTER_PROG_MODE" but with V4.4 controller and modules. Below is a detailed description:

Controller V4.4 – ESP32 WROOM 32 D DevKitC
Modules V4.4
2.8” SPI TFT screen

Using

• NodeMCU for flashing the ESP 32
  • Silicon Labs CP210x USB to UART bridge driver for the ESP32 microcontroller
  • PuTTY terminal emulator for setting the Wi-Fi configuration

Issues:

1. Programming the modules.
    14 modules were prepared for loading the firmware, version 17-Mar-2023. Later, 2 previous versions were tried, but the issue was not resolved.
    Out of 14 modules, only 6 were successfully programmed.

Thinking that possibly the AVR ISP wires between the controller and the module were loose, I double checked the connections and started again to load the program on the 8 modules that failed initially. After many attempts, 5 more were successfully programmed. It proved that the wires connection was good, so the fault is somewhere else.

The remaining 3 could not be programmed no matter how many times I tried. The same error kept showing: Failed, error code 3 FAILED_ENTER_PROG_MODE

When I click “Program Device” , the blue LED on the module lights up faintly.

Also, on 2 occasions error 2 COMMIT, appeared.

1. I connected 2 modules to the controller, but there was no communication. The message on the red bar of the web interface was “Waiting for the modules”. On the “Modules” tab, the controller detected 2 modules, but no voltage was shown and no graph on the “Home” tab.

On the controller board I measured the voltage at RX = 3.3 V and TX = 0 V. Is this what it should be?

Module 1 when connected to TX @ control board stopped flashing the blue LED

Module 2 continued flashing when connected to RX @ control board.

I checked with the multi-meter for short circuit between + & - @ modules power connections and there is no resistance, so this part was fine.

To summarize, the AVR ISP wires connection shouldn’t be the fault. I have 4 ESP32s and tried them all. 3 of them were programmed, one did not work, although all 4 are new, purchased for this project. All 3 behaved the same. Could it be the controller board? It was ordered from JLCPCB, I only soldered the pins and the connectors. I can prepare another one and test it.
Your opinion would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers,
Paul

I programmed 80 Modules and I had to start the programming twice for about 7 modules. One I could not program. Reason was a bad solder joint at the ATINI, so check your soldering.