Trouble compiling emonESP code for 9600 baud

I’m having trouble compiling emonESP to change the baud rate to 9600…

fatal error: MicroDebug.h: No such file or directory

Any chance of sharing the hex file or if you had simular problems ?
Thanks

Is this what you’re looking for?

EmonESP special sketch (9600 baud) for use with 3-phase PLL sketch:
https://community.openenergymonitor.org/uploads/short-url/zegtvp5lICQT1w6J7ZoTXRnsiw3.bin

Yes thats the one… thanks. I’d still like to know why I can’t build it myself… am having problem with StreamSpy.h not found, and “espal.h” also… among others… Just can’t find any reference to these on google or anywhere.
I’ve tried adding libraries to provide these missing includes, but not much luck, couldn’t find anything in the docs, but I could of missed it. Any help, in pointing out the obvious mistake I’m making ? Would be very much appropriated.

I thought a bin file could be uploaded via Arduino IDE, but for the life of me can’t see how.

Thanks

I can’t help I’m afraid. @glyn.hudson provided that binary file (3-phase in Austria - #31 by Robert.Wall), and I don’t have an ESP8266 so I’ve no idea what you need to do.

I’d start here: GitHub - openenergymonitor/EmonESP: ESP8266 WIFI serial to emoncms link (and there’s a link to that in the Guide).
There is a mention of Esptool.

Thanks I’d just found the guild and have been trying platformio and the epstool, no luck yet but will report back, thanks for the help though.

I cannot advise you regarding platformio. I attempted to use it, but it moved files and destroyed my set-up.

Finally got platformio to work, and that uploaded the modified version… with the esptool.py tool I could upload the original firmware and it would work, but the new bin file just wouldn’t work after uploaded (no web interface). I did also try the firmware update from web interface of emonesp but that also would just prevent interface from working…

Anyway I have it working with a locally built platformio version, thanks for replies.

1 Like