Temperature Spikes

You should follow the whole set of instructions as it creates the HEX file to upload. You can’t just pick and choose bits of a set of instructions.

Note the line “If the emonTX is connected to the RPi via the serial interface” (which perhaps could be clearer).

Also, you may need to edit the file /opt/openenergymonitor/avrdude-rpi/autoreset and change the pin number to 12.

Brian,

I managed to upload the firmware I didn’t anyway strictly follow the document but it was a success.

The problem is that all the feeds and graphs stopped working. I confirmed that firmware is indeed OK by using the serial monitor. There I saw that FW version is 1.0 and I saw readings coming in but feeds were all dead.

Do I have to reconfigure everything ? And if yes, what about the previous records ?

EDIT
I think I found what I missed out. It’s the emonhub.conf…Right?

Quite possibly.

What serial data are you seeing and what is your emonhub.conf?

Well,

I don’t feel quite comfortable to manipulate the databases and the rest parts of the emoncms in order to migrate my history data to the new feeds/inputs so I just changed the reporting FW version from emonPiCM to the old emonPi inside the ino sketch and then added the new names, datacodes, scales, units to the emonhub.conf and now it works like before.

@Robert.Wall btw, continuous metering works great so far. The graphs flow like water :smiley:

A post was merged into an existing topic: DS18B20 Temperature sensor sends error values

2 posts were split to a new topic: DS18B20 Temperature sensor sends error values