Suggestion - scratch pad for notes

I was wondering if it would be feasible (had possible, but I guess anything is possible with enough time, money and determination…) to attach a text note to each node or just one to the account or dashboard?

I am often changing/upgrading or moving sensors etc and it would be great to be able to keep a record associated with the node or account. I have a text file on my desktop but that’s not always accessible if I’m away or using the phone. Notebooks get lost or thrown out.

For example - when the battery in an emonTH is changed, or sensor is moved, it would be nice to be able to log that with the node somehow. Doesn’t need to be fancy - a few hundred characters would be plenty.

Hello @icenov, are you looking to do this on the inputs page? as part of the node heading? It is possible to provide a description for inputs, but I appreciate the information you wish to log may get a bit messy printed on the input itself.

Hi @TrystanLea, Yes, on the inputs page if possible. Using the description field is a good alternative, but as it gets longer it gets unwieldy as you say. But I was impressed at how much text can be inserted there (up to 700 characters so far!). Is this text used anywhere else - i.e. will it cause grief with logging or backing up etc?