Recently like many of you wanted to start monitoring the energy in our house. Given all points where I wanted to measure had ethernet connections available I wanted to alter the EmonTx Arduino shield to remove all unnecessary components and only use the Arduino Ethernet Shield for communication to make the total cost lower. And then solder all components myself. I added all this to a GIT repository so I can remember it all in the future if I have to do it again and perhaps it can help someone else here in the future. Figured I make a post here so it can be found if somebody was searching for something similar.
I also had a hard time finding the proper arduino code for the ethernet data sending so added that as well to the repository. And also made an altered 3D case for the entire module. Plus a quick guide on how to set up a OpenHab module with MQTT.
I take no credit for anything given it was all based on work of others, which is always listed in the ReadMe files. But it is sometimes hard to find it so I added it all together for easy access.
You can find the repository here: https://github.com/WouterJansen/emonTXethernet
I hope this post is in the right place and allowed
Have a great day!