Services not restarting on upgrade to 9.9.7

I’m not trying to sell it to you :wink:
I went through the exact same thought process at the time that you’re going through right now. “But it should work!”… I spent quite a few hours on this only to come to the realisation that there are things less frustrating to spend my time on :smiley:

1 Like

@glyn.hudson @TrystanLea Looks like the upgrade on Jessie is problematic.

Thanks @borpin @Greebo @pb66 @IM35461 we will look into it.

Testing here with the older jessie based emonSD-26Oct17 image and the latest emonpi update I was able to replicate the issue of the services not starting after a reboot and have fixed the issue by adding the relevant entries to the rc.local_jessieminimal:

https://github.com/openenergymonitor/emonpi/commit/ecf1ef301cf8633e3c0000f54efc138678407e3e

Apologies for not catching this issue sooner. Unfortunately users who have updated prior to this update will need to login via SSH and start service-runner manually to initiate the update process to then fix for subsequent updates. The command to do this once logged in is:

sudo servicectl start service-runner

then run emonpi update from the emoncms Administration menu.

Note: It can take 5 minutes for all the services to come online after a reboot on jessie. The new stretch image is a bit faster. This caught me out to start with as I thought none of the services where starting but they did all start up fine after a couple of minutes.

1 Like

One issue here is that there is no way of knowing what state the ‘emonpi’ part of an EmonPi is in as there is no versioning of the emonpi repository. I have opened an issue.

1 Like