Restoring feed data from a backup

I have been running emoncms on a raspberry pi for several years now (since Jan 2013), so I have lots of historic data that I don’t want to lose. My feeds are phpfina and phptimeseries and I run a daily backup on these directories. I also backed up the entire file system several months ago. My hard drive crashed recently, and I am trying to restore to a new disk.
I have restored the filesystem, and then copied in all the backed up feed files. The permissions are correct (I think: www-data: root). When I run a visualisation, I can see that new data is being collected from the point of the restore. However, there is a big gap between the time of the filesystem backup and the restore. It’s as if it is ignoring the restored feed files. It’s the same for the phpfina and phptimeseries feeds. I’ve done a redis flushall and server restart, but this has not fixed the problem.
Does anyone have any suggestions for how to get this data back please?

I’m sorry but I’m not understanding clearly where exactly the issue is. Are you saying that there was a period between restoring the filesystem and restoring the historical data that is missing?

Once restored you will only have the backed up data and from that point in time forwards (from when it is restored, not from when it was backed up).

Apologies if I have misunderstood something.

So in trying to explain in more detail what the problem is, I wrote (to myself) that it’s almost as if the restore didn’t work. So then I went to check the restore and realised that I had restored to the wrong place. Restoring to /etc did the trick. Apologies for wasting anyone’s time.