The web pages are not entirely clear (at least to me).
As to whether emonTX4 can be used with emonPi - or only with emonBase.
It will clarify things for shoppers etc: to make explicit the facts on the various emonTX4 pages ; and emonPi ones.
Also - nowhere obvious explains the difference between emonPi vs emonBase
- eg this overview page would benefit if it was explained
To a sherlock Holmes ! it is possible to find out that YES it is IS usable with emonPI - see text slightly hidden down this page:
That page sadly mentions only emonBase at the top… confusing the reader!
So would be helpful to make that clearer in all emonTX4 pages: IE wherever it mentions emonBase: to also mention “or emonPi”.
Some example pages:
**the emonTX4 page in the shop - only mentions emonBase:
The docs page for Tx4 - also no mention of emonPI
This old TX page is helpfully explicit that emonTX works with both Base and Pi
- emonTx - Guide | OpenEnergyMonitor
- but - is an old version of emonTX (tho the page does not say what version
in contrast to emonTX3 docs page -which includes emonPi
with nice explicit headings:
- [1. Adding one emonTx to an emonPi system]…
- [2. Adding more than one emonTx to an emonPi or emonBase system]
And the Doc pages for emonBase, and emonPi: would be good if each said at the top: how they compare to the other - maybe one sentence before the TOC starts?