Rename Node

Hi,

We inherited this emonPi and it hasn’t proven easy to understand this machine! I managed to understand the input/feeds on the emonPi and adapting the EmonHub configuration files so the nodes have ‘recogniseable’ names. So, thinking emonPi is well set (although without graphs), I tried to connect this to the online account, but… I am really at loss without the EmonHub. Tried to read the api guide that does not make sense to me.

So… the simple question: how to do a I change the input node name etc like here:

[[7]]
   nodename = emonTXn7
   [[[rx]]]
      names = power1, power2, power3, power4, vrms, temp1, temp2, temp3, temp4, temp5, temp6, pulse
      datacodes = h,h,h,h,h,h,h,h,h,h,h,L
      scales = 1,1,1,1,0.01,0.1,0.1, 0.1,0.1,0.1,0.1,1
      units =W,W,W,W,V,C,C,C,C,C,C,p

Or better, is there a way to make the emonPi feed the correct names?

Thanks a lot if you can help.

Click the ‘pencil’ icon, do whatever you need to in the box, click the tick.

Well, I tried of course… I meant the name of the NODE (see red arrow)… a picture would help. Perhaps I am not using the right terms (this refers to the ONLINE account, not emonPi device itself):

Ah, I don’t think that’s possible on emoncms.org - but Paul’s about to correct me…

1 Like

Unfortunately you cannot.

At this time emonHub doesn’t fully support named nodes and only a node id (integer) is used in most places. Unlike the input names there is no “friendly node name” option in emoncms, if you could change the “Node 5” to something else at the emoncms.org end, it would no longer be found as “Node 5” and it would stop updating and a new “Node 5” created automatically when the next data arrived.

1 Like

Hm… it makes sense then that I couldn’t find it (got rather frustrated!). I assume that is same for the KEY, which can not be edited. So ‘only’ description.

I wouldn’t mind if your APIs/guideline could mention this. It seems odd (to me) that not more request have been from this. Perhaps I am just less numerical about this, but of course I can work with this.

Thanks!