I used the arduino shield as my input for the CT sensors. I got the kit where I had to solder the components on.
All seemed to go ok, set up a nodemcu board as the wifi interface, but my CT readings don’t change, they just stay at what the screenshot above shows. Even when nothing is connected, Have I screwed up somewhere?
Edit - moved picture from 3rd party site to OEM. BT
If so what output are you getting at the 6pin header of the emonTxshield when you disconnect the emonesp? This test should tell you if it’s the emonTx shield or the emonesp that isn’t doing it’s thing correctly.
You’re not the first. There is an alternative quick fix to avoid removing all the connectors that basically involves soldering some small link wires to the pcb at the (upsidedown) connectors to link the ring and tip pins.
Can you check continuity between the connector tags and the burden resistor (the larger next to the back of the connector), just in case you have damaged a track?
Was the c.t. plugged in before you powered up?
Do you get the same result with all four inputs?
If you put a multimeter across the burden resistor, you should read 33 Ω without the c.t., and about 25 Ω with the c.t. plugged in.
When you power the Shield, you should read 2.5 V d.c on both ends of the burden (and both tip and sleeve of the socket). You should also have 5 V on the pin of the 3x2 header nearest the a.c. input.
That’s a calibration issue. Ideally, you should calibrate the Shield with all its sensors in place on whatever will be used as its host, because accurate calibration depends on the sensors, the components on the Shield and the reference voltage of the host Arduino. The last is most likely the major contributor, because although the stability is good, the uncertainty in the initial value is about ±10%, followed by the a.c. adapter at ±3%. All the instructions are in the ‘Learn’ section.
(Note: the “standard” UK voltage is still 240 V - mine has varied between 231 and 245 over the last week. )