PV diversion > mk2pvrouter: co.uk to com?

Thanks for looking at this for me…
I might go down the ESPHome route, as I also want to disable the unit when my batteries need charging…I can then interface with the serial comms.
As a note, when the radio init fails the unit does not output any readings, but if radio is disabled then it will send data over serial!

That’s what it’s supposed to do. But the radio failing to initialise doesn’t “flip the switch” to turn off the radio - this is done by you the user at compile time. The sketch could be changed to make it automatic, if desired.

It IS a RFM69CW, and not the RFM69HW?

Yes, bought from the shop…

Robin has pointed out to me that you’ve said 3.3 V and you have divider resistors in the data lines. Did you mean everything is running at 3.3 V, or is your ATMega running at 5 V and the RFM at 3.3 V? If the latter, then you do need those dividers in the ATMega to RFM data lines (and obviously not in the data going the other way). But if the ATMega is running at 3.3 V, you should have a plain link rather than the two divider resistors.

Checking the data sheets, the data thresholds are 0.3 VDD and 0.7 VDD for the RFM12B, and 0.2 VDD and 0.8 VDD for the RFM69CW. If you’re dividing down the voltage and you shouldn’t be, that 0.1 V difference is significant (those voltages are guaranteed worst case, neither the 12B nor the 69CW should have worked if you have the dividers when you shouldn’t, but the 69CW is less likely to work in that case if the 12B did).

The ATMega is at 5V and just the RFM module at 3.3v…
The unit worked fine for years with the old module in.

It’s not that then. But as you hadn’t mentioned the main board revision you have, it was a possibility.

Just for info V2.1a.

Robin tells me he has built up a board with a RFM69CW and it runs using exactly the same sketch as I sent you. But he doesn’t have a receiver for LPL, so even though it initialised the RFM and appears to transmit, he’s unable to prove that it is actually transmitting. But I did prove that it transmits and emonCMS gets the right numbers.

This seems to have ruled out everything but a fault with your board.

If I think of anything, I’ll write.

Yesterday, I sent you a PM and included Robin.