Push data from SmartThings via WebCoRE into EmonCMS

I have written an WebCoRE Piston that relays statistics from SmartThings connected devices into EmonCMS.

You can discuss and learn more about WebCoRE over at the WebCoRE forums here - Post device statistics to emoncms.org Open Energy Monitor or EmonPi - Example Pistons - webCoRE Community Forum

This Piston will trigger when any device reports a statistic that you’d like pushed into EmonCMS, either on an EmonPi or emoncms.org

Just select all the devices you’d like to log temperature from in the devTemperature variable, for example.

If you want to log any other property you can DIY quite easily.

I’ve posted an anonymised version of the Piston here however an important part of it is the URL and the anonymised version wipes it out, so here it is:

http://192.168.13.237/emoncms/input/post

Confirm the URL for your installation on the Input API help page (link in the top right of the Inputs page).

The remaining issue is that the data is only posted when something changes - this is fine for temperature and energy but EmonCMS assumes that you can draw a straight line from one sample to the next. This results in power graphs that don’t make much sense, as below:

A power graph from a similar load taken from an EmonTX looks like this:

But event driven Temperature logging makes much more sense:

1 Like

Thanks for sharing @one4spl!

It seems that I cant edit my original post in this forum - but please follow the link to the current version of the piston. The one in the image has some issues.

I’ve raised your permissions. You should be able to edit it now.

1 Like

Thanks @Robert.Wall!

I’ve editied the post with the current code and some observations about the results now I’ve had it working for a few days. If anyone has any ideas about how to get power graphs to assume the power remains level until the next data point that would be awesome.