Pulse count not correctly set up, need advice

Thats interesting and good catch on the drop. I left it for a while and noticed a divergence like you referenced earlier…

I have cleared the data in the feeds and going to monitor again for a while - but according to the text in the blue box - Wh Accumulator does modify the value…? So have left it in the image below to see what happens…

1 Like

Am at a loss with what is now going on - I reset all as per my post earlier and the raw pulse counts (both wh and kwh) are way off compared to the CT kwh feed…

Better scaling … they are broadly similar in offset

Still odd. The accumulator logged value should be a continuously increasing number (as per my examples). What you have on the graph looks like instantaneous power.

It doesn’t appear to be accumulating.

Is this an emonPi?

Is REDIS running? Look on the Admin page.

Yes on emonpi and redis… am at a loss - trying to think if my accumulators have gotten all screwed up and if my raw_pulse calcs in my earlier config screenshot is correct. I just clear the data from the feeds and wonder do i need to delete it and recreate fully rather than just clearing data…

Then aligned but scales and values seem off…

Brian & Community - I have been meaning to get back to this to get all your advice or input…

I have setup the feeds for the pulse monitoring as per this thread (still havent been able to get sorted on the difference on left side range and right side range)…

I am trying to inout the feeds for an app showing the PULSE COUNTING but the number is way off… When I check on the graphing again the CT reading they look broadly close…

Am I missing something I need to do in the feed to make the number correct for the application use?

Are the input processes as previously shown? If so, something is very wrong as it does not appear to be accumulating.

I’d delete the processes and start again with fresh feeds. You could use the post process to deal with the existing data if it is important.

Yes - still the same. I have deleted the Raw_pulse feeds and recreated, so will keep an eye for a few hours

I think it is not the feeds but the input process that I would delete and start again. You should very quickly see if the accumulator is doing its job.

Cheers for continuing to help Brian - still at a loss…
It looks to be going up but still way off compared to CT Feed in the App Dashboard…

But seems to now line up on my graph and is accumulating? Am at a loss…

too many Zeros!

1,000 x .0001 = 0.1

1 Like

This still doesn’t make sense;

The accumulator should look like this

As it is accumulating the instant use.

Oh I see, you selected ‘delta’ - that is confusing!

Still trying to troubleshoot this and head is going a bit in circles…

EDIT: IGNORE: Should I be using the POWER TO KWH process?

Did you see this???

I did have changed it to 0.001 - have cleared the feed, so observing for a while

Making small progress - the real-time app is now showing the follwoing (PULSE ON LEFT / CT ON RIGHT) - do I need to change the processing calculations?

Few more interesting graphs - but still no idea why not aligning closer…

You are using there graphs incorrectly - the pulse and CT gather the energy used differently. The only graph that will look almost the same is this one - and the scales need to be the same left and right.

Note, the scale left and right is different - left is 9 units (506-497) and the right is 8. Click on stats and look at ‘Diff’ as this will be approximately the same (i.e. the increase over the period).

What you need to understand is this;
Pulse this tells you how long it took to use a fixed amount of energy
CT tells you how much energy was used in a fixed time.

You cannot compare the instantaneous values as they are inherently different.

The Pulse is by definition accurate (you are billed according to it) the CT is a calculation so will always have a margin of error that can be reduced by calibration.

And if you want the graphs to align exactly, you need to set both top and bottom limits to be the same (or, if there’s a offset because - say - you started logging at different times, include that too).

Thanks both - what guidance would you have in the real time numbers being off in my screenshot by quite a bit (in the applications)

Left is pulse and right is CT

That’s interesting