Pulse count not correctly set up, need advice

My pulse meter goes at rate 1600

Trying to get a real time (or as near as) feed similar to the CT feed to compare. And have updated the accumulator to be Wh and tried that too

Ah different person/meter sorry.

1/1600 =

So that is the right figure for a kWh accumulator.

Set Pulse Feed to 10s and CT Feed to 10s. Delete all the Feeds and start afresh.

Pulse Feed is 100% accurate (assuming it detects every pulse - which it should), CT Feed isn’t - it is an approximation. Currently I’m multiplying a CT feed by 0.9695 to make it agree with the pulse meter.

All my CT inputs apparently over read (I have not calibrated them).

Thanks will try that again and monitor for a bit

Cheers again Brian -

Two quick questions which hoping you might have a steer on:

A) the above seemed to work fine - but when graphing the axis values seem to be off? Not sure if i need to define them but it is set to auto (see graph screenshot). The reading between the ct clip and pulse seem to be broadly similar which i hope is a good thing…
B) was playing with getting the pulse count feed in a wh feed and kwh feed and tried the following process logic - think it is right - is that the way you would recommend getting both feeds?

That is what I do.

On graphing, looking at short periods of time can be odd. Also, unless both Feeds started at exactly the same time put one on left and one on right but check the scales are the same else you get some odd views. This is 2 feeds (pulse and CT) started about the same time.

This is 2 feeds started at different times - note the scale is different.

If I force the scales to be the same…

You can see the CT over reading.

If you look at the stats…

You can see the ‘Diff’ that is a the measured kWh in the frame. Missing data on the pulse will be when the rate of change means I do not get a pulse within the 10s window.

Mmmm, that doesn’t look right. The Accumulator should never go down!

I know

The whAccumulator process outputs an unchanged value so you need to multiply by 0.000625 for kWh.

Thats interesting and good catch on the drop. I left it for a while and noticed a divergence like you referenced earlier…

I have cleared the data in the feeds and going to monitor again for a while - but according to the text in the blue box - Wh Accumulator does modify the value…? So have left it in the image below to see what happens…

1 Like

Am at a loss with what is now going on - I reset all as per my post earlier and the raw pulse counts (both wh and kwh) are way off compared to the CT kwh feed…

Better scaling … they are broadly similar in offset

Still odd. The accumulator logged value should be a continuously increasing number (as per my examples). What you have on the graph looks like instantaneous power.

It doesn’t appear to be accumulating.

Is this an emonPi?

Is REDIS running? Look on the Admin page.

Yes on emonpi and redis… am at a loss - trying to think if my accumulators have gotten all screwed up and if my raw_pulse calcs in my earlier config screenshot is correct. I just clear the data from the feeds and wonder do i need to delete it and recreate fully rather than just clearing data…

Then aligned but scales and values seem off…

Brian & Community - I have been meaning to get back to this to get all your advice or input…

I have setup the feeds for the pulse monitoring as per this thread (still havent been able to get sorted on the difference on left side range and right side range)…

I am trying to inout the feeds for an app showing the PULSE COUNTING but the number is way off… When I check on the graphing again the CT reading they look broadly close…

Am I missing something I need to do in the feed to make the number correct for the application use?

Are the input processes as previously shown? If so, something is very wrong as it does not appear to be accumulating.

I’d delete the processes and start again with fresh feeds. You could use the post process to deal with the existing data if it is important.

Yes - still the same. I have deleted the Raw_pulse feeds and recreated, so will keep an eye for a few hours

I think it is not the feeds but the input process that I would delete and start again. You should very quickly see if the accumulator is doing its job.

Cheers for continuing to help Brian - still at a loss…
It looks to be going up but still way off compared to CT Feed in the App Dashboard…

But seems to now line up on my graph and is accumulating? Am at a loss…

too many Zeros!

1,000 x .0001 = 0.1

1 Like

This still doesn’t make sense;

The accumulator should look like this

As it is accumulating the instant use.

Oh I see, you selected ‘delta’ - that is confusing!

Still trying to troubleshoot this and head is going a bit in circles…

EDIT: IGNORE: Should I be using the POWER TO KWH process?