Problems with Group V2.0.0 Module

Hello everyone, first of all I want to say hello and thank you in advance for reading this topic and spending some of your time helping new users.

I have a clean installation of Emoncms low-write 10.2.6 with only two inputs, five feeds and a dashboard. In this installation I have only one user who is an administrator.

In addition to that I installed, as the official documentation says in: https://github.com/emoncms/group and updated the database later, , the Group V.2.0.0 module to be able to create groups and add users to these groups.

After that I go to Groups click on New Group fill in name and description and click on Create and emon cms returns the following error:

Despite the error if I refresh the page a new group appears with the name null.

I enter into the null group, click on Create User, fill in the data (probe with all user role types) and click on Create and ad to Group.

After that Emoncms returns a new error, but this time if I refresh the page nothing appears

Can you please help me?, thank you very much again, greetings.

@TrystanLea - one for you.

1 Like

Hello @AGJS

I’ve fixed the issue, if you pull in the latest version that should fix it for you.

1 Like

Thank you very much for your quick response and help, I am very grateful, I installed the module again and updated the database and the error that was generated when trying to create a group disappeared. But when I try to create a new user and add it to that group this error appears:

Could you please help me again?
Thank you very much in advance, greetings.

Aha :slight_smile: as you can tell this module is not in active use/development! and has not been kept up to date with the rest of the emoncms software. I’ve just fixed this error too.
I can see that there is also an issue when you try to view a graph through the groups module, I think there’s probably quite a bit of work involved to update everything to get this working again unfortunately.

1 Like

I have managed to fix the feed access issue in the graph, the css/layout still needs updating but it looks functional at least! You will need to update the group module and get the latest graph module (master branch).

2 Likes

Hello again, thank you very much for your time and quick help, I just followed your directions and it works great, it solves the problem I had perfectly, thank you very much again, greetings.

1 Like