Problems with Dashboard after EMONCMS Upgrade

Hi
I have self build EMONCMS hosted on a Raspberry Pi running on a Western Digital HDD - which has been working well for a long time now. However the graph module was missing left & right axis scaling so I decided to upgrade. According to git describe EMONCMS WAS “Low write 9.9.8-4-gd0db7a57” with graph module 1.2.3-16-gce6dd74. Seems from posts that I couldn’t just upgrade the graph module - so I manually upgraded everything.

I now have EMONCMS, admin, eventp, feed, input, process, schedule, time, user and vis all at “10.2.3”; graph and graph update “2.0.9-2-gb6e4ce1”; dashboard “fatal: No annotated tags can describe ‘7c73b216853a995602506c0a46462184b1e0a171’; However, there were unannotated tags: try --tags.” (?) although git status says “On branch master. Your branch is up-to-date with ‘origin/master’. nothing to commit, working tree clean”

Whilst mostly everything is working well, the problem I have is that when I access “Dashboards | All Dashboards”, via the web interface, I get the Dashboard screen with some headings and buttons and a message saying “Loading…” - but nothing loads. I’m stuck at the loading message state. I can access all of my dashboards by name from the Dashboards sidebar and view / edit them from there but obviously I’m unable to create new or delete old ones.

I tried a Database update / system reboot - but no difference.

Any help would be much appreciated.
(I do have a second issue but on a different topic so I will raise it separately)

By this do you mean a manual git pull from the emoncms directory and for Each of the Modules folders?

A number of repositories have switched to using a stable branch and that might be the issue.

Try running an update again, I am not sure how robust the branch switching is.

If that doesn’t work try

git fetch
git branch -a

If a stable branch is listed then

git checkout -b stable origin
git pull

should get you to the right point.

Hi Brian
That did the trick!
Thanks so much for your help.

1 Like