Problem reading MBUS data with Sontex 531

@TrystanLea I’ve connected everything up, but I still don’t see anything in the inputs page. Should I see something there regardless of whether the MBUS is actually working or not?

Hello @markb you should only see inputs if the MBUS reader is working and able to read data from the MBUS meter. Do you see anything in the emonhub log on what its doing?

I now have the USB MBUS reader working and logging data in Emoncms - thanks to @TrystanLea for pointing out that my locally hosted Emoncms needed to be updated in order to work!

I’ve now got a clear picture of what I suspected for a while - the unit itself has an issue and looks to be specifically with the flow sensor or associated circuitry.

I’ve swapped the flow/return sensors around - hopefully it’s just the sensor and i can source a replacement.

I’m not sure what’s up with my original heat pump monitor - still works as a temperature and energy monitor but for whatever reason the MBUS reader portion doesn’t work.

Don’t know if this helps, but I had the same problem with the interfacers config trying to read mbus data via (the updated) mbus to USB converter, just getting invalid MBUS data in debug and this was even with nothing plugged into the emonPi. The problem is that in the example for the interfacers, it references:
device = /dev/ttyAMA0
but on the emonPi this is the UART for the RFM module? whereas using:
device = /dev/ttyUSB0
everything worked fine.
BTW, this was for the VuHeat VHU20 (2400 baud, address 254, ‘standard’), which is relatively low cost (but battery only).