Community
OpenEnergyMonitor

OpenEnergyMonitor Community

OpenEVSE stuck sleeping

I have an issue where my OpenEVSE stays in sleep mode. I try to exit sleep mode using the button or in the web interface, but it goes straight back to sleep, and won’t allow a charge. If I do the $F1 RAPI command, it takes it out of Sleep mode. I made a short GIF to show you.

OpenEVSE

Thanks!

have you got an emonpi? if so what is set in the demand shaper? try setting it to off

John

Hi John,

I do have an EmonPi but I’m not using Demand Shaper.

When I reset it the unit is fine until a charging session is finished, then it goes to “sleeping”. The only way to commence a charge is using the RAPI command.

Max

Maybe it’s something to do with your car rather than the unit.

My MG5 has issues once it has charged and then slept for some hours - it won’t then re-start.

Hi Nick,

It does this with both our Kona and Model 3, and it has just started happening.

:frowning:

Max

Hi Max,

Apologies for this issue, @JJC is right this issue is probably caused by demand shaper setting timers in the background. OpenEVSE V4.x does not yet support demand shaper.

As JCC suggested switching Demand Shaper to the off position on the emonPi interface should solve it.

In the latest OpenEVSE WiFi version V4.1.0 (currently in BETA) this issue should be fixed: Release V4.1.0 | BETA · OpenEVSE/ESP32_WiFi_V4.x · GitHub

If you do try the beta, please let us know if this resolves it.