Nibe users - switch from NibeUplink to MyUplink

Dear fellow Nibe Users

I have been emailed by Nibe to suggest I need to switch to MyUplink and to do so I need to update the firmware on the SMO40 controller to the latest and greatest. It suggests NibeUplink will stop working.

Does anyone have experience of updating the software? Is it likely to work out ok…? I have people talk of their experience when updating software and it has killed SMO controllers so I am a bit worried about it. I dont want to lose my uplink integration data as its proving key to understanding the heat pump performance.

Do fellow Nibe users who use the Nibe Uplink system have a plan to switch over?

1 Like

Hi Sam,

I got an email on the morning of 18 Dec, saying:

Your device SMO 20 - Home has now moved from NIBE Uplink to myUplink and you’ll enjoy many of the benefits and opportunities of a new digital platform, free of additional charges.

Right now the SMO 20 embedded in my F1145 is still connected to NIBE Uplink (which is driving my monitoring and my entry on so it evidently has not actually moved yet.

What they seem to mean is that it’s staged ready to undertake some sort of migration from NIBE Uplink to myUplink (it told me that when I tried to register for a new Account at myUplink; it knew the email address I was using was already configured for NIBE Uplink and it offered to do the ‘migration’ but I declined).

Are you not already on the latest version of software for your SMO 40 and is it that upgrade you’re hesitant about (rather than the move from NIBE Uplink to myUplink per se)?

I’ve always taken any available software upgrades as soon as I’ve noticed them (my work in secure IT environments has conditioned me to do that anyway) and never had any problems.

My plan is to make the switch as soon as I know how to amend my Python scripts to hit the myUplink API rather than the NIBE Uplink API. (It looks very, very similar but my initial thought of simply tweaking a few of the URLs didn’t ‘just work’ like I hoped it would and I’ve not had chance to investigate further yet.)

@prwv has switched over to myUplink without any issues I’m aware of. I run the Python scripts to send his system’s data to (he’s granted me ‘Viewer’ access to his installation) so I’m using that as the test-bed for the scripting changes required.

Thank you! I will take the brave pill and update, I am very far behind so I hope I dont have to stage anything. The documentation isnt great or clear if I can make such a big jump!

I am using variations of your scripts and will also look at anything that needs to change.

1 Like

I recommend creating a ‘dummy’ account with myUplink, so you can take a look at the API docs at and run some API scripting trials before committing to ‘migrate’ your NIBE Uplink-registered system.

1 Like

I’ve already changed over.

Installed new SM0 20 software, migrated account.

Download new app.

It works much quicker with instant updates, and has a slightly different user interface.

I’ve not had a chance to work through David’s python article, but likely a good thing if it’s going to need an update.

Not sure what I did wrong the other day but repeating the API Authentication from scratch today, to get a new Token, worked fine. The OAuth2 APIs work the same as before, just on a different URL; only some minor differences in what comes back (e.g. a “Bearer” token rather than a “bearer” token, which broke my simple error checking).

The actual myUplinkAPI (v2 rather than v1) is different - somewhat simpler, I’d say - fewer API calls to get the same data back. (That will be easier for them to handle at the server end too.)

I think what I’ll do is leave my current GitHub repo as it is and create a new repo alongside it, specific to myUplink, with some amended sample scripts.

1 Like

I tend to be the opposite for anything other than patch releases. I always wait for a version above x.0 (x.1 etc) as x.0 is so often broken. HomeAssistant is the best example of this, always upgrade at the end of the monthly cycle and not at the beginning!

Now completed:

Now I understand more about the myUplink API, I need to update my scripts which feed data into HeatpumpMonitor to do that from myUplink instead - and then Migrate my system over to the new platform.