As part of several recent developments for emonCMS, I have been working in feed sanitation functionality. I invite people to try it before we can say it is stable. You can find it in the data_checker branch from this repository.
The new things:
- New input processes (in Limit category)
- Max. value allowed: If value is greater than max value allowed then the value passed to following process will be the max value allowed
- Min. value allowed: If value is lower than min value allowed then the value passed to following process will be the min value allowed
- Feed data checker/fixer: giving starting and end dates, it will check a feed for:
- Values greater a specific number.
- Values lower a specific number
- Missing points (for fixed interval feeds).
Then you can choose if you want to fix those datapoints. The fix for missing datapoints is basic interpolation.
The feed checker/fixer functionality will work with every feed engine but has been optimized for PHPFINA and PHPTIMESERIES. You can run it clicking on the new icon-check in your feeds view.
Beware that the “fix” will change your feed so use it with care.