Need help calibration emonTX Shield v2.4

So this thread is for an emonTx Shield rather than an emonTx V2? Maybe the title could be amended.

From the photo, the board’s revision appears to be 2.5 rather than 2.4

Done.

photo took from the Internet while on the printed shield v2.4. Remove resistors are shown. Calibrating. I upload the code being used emonLib:

vCal float = 197.04; // (230V x 11) / (10,7V x 1.2)
const float Ical1 = 30; //2000 turns
const float Ical2 = 30;
const float Ical3 = 30;
const float Ical4 = 30;

or well?

If your Shield reads the same voltage as a multimeter across your mains supply, and
if your Shield reads the same current as a multimeter connected in series with your load, then all is well.

I have just noticed this

Why the x 1.2 ? - you already have that with the 10.7, because that is the voltage you measured.

Correction calculation 1.2x9v Thank you for your observation.
okay! finally realized the calibration. The accuracy of + - 3% approximately.
Just do not understand why one phase of the 3 shows a negative value. when there is no load shows -40W difference. CT was trying to flip the still the same. before installation to check the phase sequence, according to this and combine.

What sketch are you using? Unless it has “3-phase” or similar in the name, all our sketches are for a single phase UK supply. If you are trying to measure a 3-phase supply, you must download and use the 3-phase sketch.

I use this sketch:

Calibration to work with version 2 of SHIELD and CT`s 30A.
1 and 3 phase works well. Phase 2 indicate negative values ​​appear briefly and positive as in the picture.

I thought at the beginning that will be added to the sketch values ​​(* -1), but the value of the flip

That sketch was written for a single phase supply. As far as I know, nobody has written, nor converted, the 3-phase sketch for the emonESP. It should not be very difficult to do that. I cannot do it as I do not have an ESP to test with.

A quick solution, if it is acceptable to have apparent power instead of real power, will be to change
ct1.realPower etc
to
ct1.apparentPower etc
everywhere.

Hello, finally phase measured accurately without negative values.
The problem was due to a negative value ct1.realPower.
Thank you for the help of Robert Wall, helped a lot :slight_smile:

Another problem. here touches emoncms.org can not find how to Reset a database does not delete the feeds. because many false calibration data to be saved

The sketch you are using will never read real power correctly. To read real power correctly, you should be using the 3-phase sketch.
The power that you read on the two phases that are not the one with the a.c. adapter on will be 50% of the true value with a purely resistive load, because of the phase angle between current and voltage.

@pb66 will help you here.

I’ll try and point you in right direction but it’s not a well trodden path I’m afraid. In fact since you are using emoncms.org I can not think of any way it can be done other than delete and replace.

For info see the Deleting old data and How to limit data size threads, but these apply to self hosted emoncms instances that you can access the raw data file on.

How many feeds are we talking of? and how many inputs do you have?
Can you post a screenshot of your inputs page so I can see the number of inputs and the complexity of the processing from the coloured tags?

Or you could write a reference 3-phase sketch by my existing equipment. I really these are the distinguishing makeover to connect with ESP8266. Perhaps only this sketch?

Hi. I am using only 7 inputs. Deleting them and re-naming is away by all the data, but at the same time to decompose schedule and other settings …

Deleting and replacing is the only way you can do it on emoncms.org and as you do not have any complex processing it would be very easy to do.

Sorry. I’m not sure what you mean there. what settings? and schedule isn’t available on emoncms.org so I think you are referring to something else.

That is the correct sketch for a 3-phase, 4-wire system.

I suggest you take the parts of your emonESP sketch that are only for the ESP and move those into the 3-phase sketch. You will need to change the parts of the 3-phase sketch that write to serial output so that the data is sent in the same format as the ESP sketch.

As I wrote above, I cannot do it as I do not have an ESP to test with.

The emonTx three-phase sketch already supports serial printing data in a format that the emonESP expects, this was added in V0.9 in Nov 2016:

https://github.com/openenergymonitor/emontx-3phase/blob/master/src/emonTxV3_4_3Phase_Voltage.ino#L24

Sorry. I am writing correctly in English.
I wanted to say that deleting feeds graphs become damaged, they need to re-storage surfaces, to name.

well. The following example Glyn Hudson three-phase with the ESP, try-calibrated.

sends the temperature without the decimal point. Example 258 C and should 25.8 C.
What lines to put EMONESP serial to send all phases kWh values? Is this code is not ready calculator costs? Thank you.