My Octopus Agile & Go Tariff comparison / analysis website

Website update:

As Octopus Energy outgoing tariff (ie the FIT export replacement) tariff is now 2 months old i’m now showing 60 days data from the Agile version of the tariff.

Hopefully more info for those considering moving away from FIT export payments or for new installs needing someone to take their excess generation.

Full details over on the site. https://www.energy-stats.uk

1 Like

Another low price night… down to 3p on Agile.

1 Like

As their Export tariff (Outgoing) is coming up to 3 months old I’ve updated the site to show up to 90 days data now.

1 Like

Agile pricing down as low at 1.68p per unit at 7am.

They’ll be paying us to use it soon!! :slight_smile:

1.05p per unit coming up overnight… must be super windy and those turbines meaning lots of surplus energy when most folk don’t need it!

The Agile tariff is now over 18 months old and I was looking back and the history of the pricing yesterday. Geek that I am!! :rofl:

So, what’s driving the price down?

• More renewables? ie 24hr wind contribution? and more Solar?
  • Overall downward trend in wholesale pricing? (driven by low gas prices?)
  • Octopus getting a better handle on pricing versus demand versus profitability?

Or a combination of everything? :smiley:

4 Likes

Been a while since I posted some Agile prices… here’s last night.

5p per unit for around 6 hours straight from midnight onwards.

This is certainly a growing trend. :+1:

2 Likes

LOW, LOW, LOW.

One-third of a penny per unit tonight!!

3 Likes

Wow! And great website! Just seen this for the first time!

Hoping to get my SMETS2 meter installed in 2 weeks then look to move over to Octopus.

By then i should have some logs on my home energy with the kit from this site! So i can see if Agile or GO is best for my use.

@Zarch Do you have a twitter account for this?

Only my own at the moment, https://twitter.com/Zarch1972

I do have plans to make a dedicated twitter feed for this, but struggling to find the time to develop that! :roll_eyes:

1 Like

The latest fruits of my coding labour is a new Twitter account (@energystatsuk) that tweets out and graphs the next days Octopus Agile tariff data each evening.

https://twitter.com/energystatsuk

Its work in progress, so if anyone has any thoughts or comments please let me know.

1 Like

Nice work! Subscribed.

One comment that might help. When i glanced at it, the “Agile vs Go” wasn’t 100% clear what that meant, Was it 7.89p greater (obviously not), but new comers might not understand that.

Maybe: “Go Period” rather than “vs” ?

Also,

Could you make the X axis easier to read without zooming in on the image. Maybe just have major 1 hour units with minor half hour lines not defined. 9 AM, 10 AM, 11 AM, etc ?

1 Like

Thanks James

Have made the Go text change as it was easy. That should be there tonight.

Will have to have a play with the graphing… it took all I had to get it looking presentable… will need to dig into the docs around nicer formatting. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Very nice, thanks for working on this

1 Like

I’ve just signed up to Octopus; when the SMETS2 smart meter is installed in a few weeks I will either switch to Go or Agile. We have an EV, 4kW solar panels, and will have a 13.5kWh Powerwall2 by then too. Our heating & cooking is oil powered (grrrr), so we would have no issue avoiding the evening spike with Agile. Your second graph on https://www.energy-stats.uk/octopus-go-versus-agile-south-eastern-england/ makes Agile quite tempting.

Thanks for your work on this!

1 Like

Hi Zarch,

I’ve just discovered you site as I have just got a smart meter installed and moved to the Agile Octopus tarriff. Your first post says ‘Plus, there is a Google Spreadsheet with all the historical data on.’ which would be very helpful for me, but I can’t find it on your website. Is there a link to it?
Thanks

Unfortunately the google spreadsheet lasted about a week as there was that much data I blew through and past google sheets limits. Sorry.

Not in spreadsheet format, but the following might be useful as there is a CSV export functionality Emoncms - graph

PS: I had my new smart meter fitted today :slight_smile: so should be on the agile tariff properly soon. Any idea @Zarch how long it takes from fitting to coming through on the octopus dashboard?

SMETS2?