Monitoring EV charging - newbie question

OWL functionality of possible use

Hi
This is maybe irrelevant, as I’m not sure about the emonPi functionality if so, apologies.
I have an OWL monitoring my PVs and I’m using a rPi to log the import/export profile to determine possible savings with batteries and/or Immersun or similar.
I have a hybrid vehicle, but it’s only 7kWh so I’m still using the granny charger while I decide about chargers.

The OWL broadcasts on the local network a snapshot every 12seconds in daylight (every minute overnight) with current generation and export rate. It also includes aggregated figures for the day so far. Every minute there is a consumption report (again current rate and aggregated total); I haven’t yet established whether/which of the numbers are measured or derived.

OWL have downloadable source (C & python) which picks up the XML.
Richard

1 Like

Hi Julian,

You may want to have a look at the Iotawatt, which can handle up to 14 CTs, has built-in WiFi and emoncms, and can post its readings to a remote emonPi/emonbase.

Franck

1 Like

Just a note that Iotawatt is no longer available from Megni (OEM) and that only very limited support can be offered here.

1 Like

Which is a shame, I for one would much prefer see best of breed projects like the emon family and the Iotawatt collaborate rather than compete.

Franck