Mitsubishi Ecodan Performance using Room Auto Adapt

Continuing the discussion from Anyone monitoring a new R32 Ecodan?:

I did get one of these fitted in October, and I’ve been running on auto adapt mode ever since. The positive anecdotal experiences from other owners helped convince me to go this route.

My overall rolling SCOP is up from last year, up from 3.4 to 3.6, which I’m pretty happy with; it’s more than I expected. I don’t know if this is entirely due to the new controller, or if other tweaks I’ve made have also helped.

Anyway, I thought I’d compare two cycles on similar days, then and now.

December 22nd, 2022 - custom controller that was fine tuning the target flow temperature to match heat loss, and keep the power to a minimum. Peak flow temp at 40°C, COP 3.5.

January 5th, 2024 - room auto adapt mode: slightly more heat generated for slightly less electricity. Peak flow temp 38°C, COP 4.0.

(I shared some comparison charts here too)

2 Likes

@Timbones I’ve found the same. Slightly surprised that it doesn’t try to run for longer at a lower flow temp when I first started using it, but the slow ramp up seems to make a lot of difference to CoP and it ends up at least as good as full compensation mode and has less cycling. Its slmost like the engineers who designed the heat pump and built in controls know more than we do - hard to beloeve I know :grinning:!

1 Like