Linknode R8 original firmware?

I have a linknode r8 that worked perfectly. I started to try programming it using arduino and now I want to go back to the factory firmware that was installed in it. Where can I find that?

Is this it?

I found that code too but it doesn’t seem to work. It is supposed to create a wifi net called linknode that you can connect a computer to. Once connected you can access it via a browser at 10.0.0.1. Since it does not create the wifi net, there is no way to configure it…

So actually you have the original FW but you are having issues with it?

I’ve had no experience of the R8 but there is a Linknode R4 Wifi 4 Ch Relay Board discussion you might find useful, FWIR the R4 firmware from that same repo worked fine. ASFAIK that is the original FW but I have never reinstalled it to know for sure.

Are you following the R8 wiki page instructions for installing the R8 FW in that link?

When it compiles are there any error messages?
When it runs what serial output are you getting?

BTW the linked sketch creates an AP accessed via 10.0.1.1 not 10.0.0.1. However if the WiFi AP isn’t being made available the IP address alone won’t be the problem.

I guess this is the original code, but can’t be certain. It does compile and upload without error.
Here is the output from the monitor:

"⸮PIFFS opened: 
File doesn't exist yet. Creating it
Start to configure...
Start to configure...
Start to configure...
Start to configure...
Start to configure...
Start to configure...
Start to configure...
Start to configure...
Start to configure...
Start to configure...
Start to configure...
Start to configure...
Start to configure...
Start to configure...
Start to configure...
Start to configure...
Start to configure...
Start to configure...
Start to configure...
Start to configure...
Start to configure...
Start to configure...
Start to configure...
Start to configure...
Start to configure...
Start to configure...
Start to configure..."

It goes on like that forever.
Yes, 10.0.1.1 is correct, that was just a typo.

Don’t know where to go from here.

I’m assuming you are referring to the github linked code?

Hopefully some esp savvy sole will jump in and assist now there’s something to work with. It to me (an esp non-savvy sole) it looks like it’s waiting for some serial input like the code comments say, to save to a config file data.txt.

Okay, I have made some progress. The comments say to enter the ID and Key via serial. That means to enter them on the top line of the serial monitor without the dashes and terminate the whole thing with with a dash and then hit send.
Like this
ddddddddddkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk- (using the actual 10 digit ID and the 32 digit key for the particular device)
I found that parsing that uses the first 10 chars as the ID and the next 36 chars as the KEY. I changed that code to make it 32 for the key to match the actual length.

Now the optput looks like this:
"⸮PIFFS opened:
deviceID:
0080000b2f
FactoryKey:
f6512f43c95d4fa6b44db689397bf6bf
*WM:
*WM: AutoConnect
*WM: Connecting as wifi client…
*WM: Using last saved values, should be faster
*WM: Connection result:
*WM: 3
*WM: IP Address:
*WM: 192.168.0.11
WiFi Connected …
WiFi connected
{“action”:“register”,“deviceid”:“0080000b2f”,“apikey”:“f6512f43c95d4fa6b44db689397bf6bf”}Store response…
HTTP/1.1 200 OK
X-Powered-By: Express
Content-Type: application/json; charset=utf-8
Content-Length: 104
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2017 19:23:10 GMT
Connection: keep-alive

{“error”:400,“reason”:“Bad Request”,“deviceid”:“0080000b2f”,“apikey”:“f6512f43c95d4fa6b44db689397bf6bf”}
KEY:f6512f43c95d4fa6b44db689397bf6bf"}
ID:0080000b2f
RegisterDevice OK!

Store response…
The param is:HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request
X-Powered-By: Express
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2017 19:23:12 GMT
Connection: keep-alive
Content-Length: 0

The time is:19:23:12 "

I’m not out of the woods yet, because it still isn’t creating the linknodeAP wifi net or it is not staying up if it is creating it.
I have to look a little deeper into the code.

Hi,

I generated the original thread on the 4Ch which continues to work well after 12 months.

The 8Ch I have sitting in a box ready to try so all thoughts welcomed and I hope to give it a go over the next few weeks and will add my findings.

Excellent, any progress is still progress!

I would like to see the original thread on the 4ch

I had included an inline link in my 2nd post

alternatively could just use the forum search for “linknode”