Is it possible to view emontx and emonbase version information from just emoncms.org

I would like to view the version information of the emontx+emonbase combination.
it is currently located in a difficult to access location and logging through a 4g router.
I tried setting up dataplicity before installing the logger but it would not find curl from the commandline on the default out-of-the-box emonbase.
Everything else works, I just want to find out the version to determine if I can use the 3-phase sketch.
Or is that supposed to work on a recently (Oct2020) shipped emontx unit?

Welcome to OEM.

The hardware - if it was purchased complete from ‘The Shop’ this month - is suitable for uploading the 3-phase PLL sketch. Bear in mind you are likely to need a programmer (or a serial connection to your emonBase) to configure and upload the sketch. I’d advise you to read through the sketch and the accompanying documentation to check to see if you might need to make changes, and to understand the limitations:

Excellent, Thx Robert!
Just getting to grips with OEM but it offers exciting possibilities to monitor energy in our schools and buildings.
Our use is a mobile monitor that we can leave for a period to monitor odd energy usage.
If the 3-phase sketch is activated and the survey is done is it than still possible to use the 4 clamps for a random selection of distribution board connections as well in an other survey?
i.e. can i switch the 3-phase behaviour off?
Regards,
Hoyte

I’ve never considered that, but you indeed can, by allocating each c.t. to the same phase. But, as that is a choice you make at compile time, it will be far easier to reload the single-phase sketch.

What I would do in your situation is label each c.t. so that each is tied to its designated input, and have a laptop and programmer, and on the laptop I’d have the 'default" single-phase sketch and the 3-phase sketch. I’d remove the parts of the sketch (both sketches) where the calibration values are stored in EEPROM, and hard-code the values into the sketch. That means that you won’t need to recalibrate each time you deploy the system. If you allocate a different NodeID in each sketch, then the two sets of results will appear unambiguously inside emonCMS.

Once your system is set up, it will take only a few tens of seconds to plug in the programmer to connect
between the laptop and the emonTx, and upload the other sketch.