Installing NodeRed on emonSD-30Oct18

I haven’t added anything to the recently received emonSD-30Oct18. Is it possible that the emonSD has a problem?

is this the expected output

emonSD-30Oct18
pi@emonpi:~ $ sudo dpkg --purge --force-all nodejs
dpkg: warning: overriding problem because --force enabled:
dpkg: warning: package is in a very bad inconsistent state; you should
reinstall it before attempting a removal
(Reading database ... 45289 files and directories currently installed.)
Removing nodejs (10.14.0-1nodesource1) …
pi@emonpi:~ $

Have you tried my suggestion above about replacing possibly corrupt list files?

OK so try

sudo dpkg --remove --force-remove-reinstreq nodejs

It’s misleading having 2 people advising John at once, so I’ll leave it with you for now Brian.

Ok, I think the package itself is corrupt.

I edited your reply. It is 3 ticks on a line on its own, then the code (no more ticks) then 3 more at the end of the block on a line on their own.

brian/Paul
Have restarted script and so far it has passed the place it was stopping at before. Will update if it finishes okay.

1 Like

All done.

Script finished. Thank you all for your help. :pray::pray::pray:

So, what made the difference?
What did you do before running the script?

I ran sudo dpkg --purge --force-all nodejs

before restarting the command

2 Likes

Great to hear you got it sorted. Thanks for helping out guys :+1:

I’ve just testing again this evening with a fresh emonSD image and again it works first time. Something must have got messed up with @JohnSchols packages somehow.

I just followed the NodeRed RasPi install guide. It’s best for NodeRED to mentain their own install guide since steps may change over time: Redirecting…

Agreed, but what I meant was that, as it will be quite common for users to want Node-Red especially those upgrading from the old SD image, it would be worth, in the How to Upgrade to New SD Image (that is a thing right…) that users are pointed to the ‘How to install Node-Red on Raspbian’ pages (having been instructed to enable SSH first of course).

I’ll get my hat…

:smile:

Yes, there is already a note on the NodeRED user guide integrations page:

1 Like