Installing emoncms on local servers

Hi TrystanLea

Do I then not use the input_qeue_processor or the storageserver0 code. I already have inputs and feeds in the system. Do I have to reconfigure that?

Hello @dori, how many accounts and feeds are you hosting on this server? Have you been running the server for a long time?

Hello TrystanLea

I have about 8 accounts and 50 feeds for 15 days. The old data is now
working in the new server. I have php 7.3 and now the email is not
working. I have installed SwiftMailer as instructed.

ERROR>email.php|check() Could not find SwiftMailer, email functions are
ignored.

Þann 10.05.2020 13:50, skrifaði Trystan Lea via Community:

great, where did you install swiftmailer? Do you have the /opt/emoncms/modules directory structure?

Yes we followed the instruction in the Lib/email.php file.

Hi

How can we debug this email error, SwiftMailer can send messages with a small test program. So it is emoncms code not finding the right path?

image001.jpg

Im not sure what is going wrong Im afraid.

The error that you are seeing is coming from this line: emoncms/email.php at master · emoncms/emoncms · GitHub and so the !$this->have_swift condition must be satisfied.

It should have loaded swift here: emoncms/email.php at master · emoncms/emoncms · GitHub

$this->have_swift = @include_once("$linked_modules_dir/swiftmailer/lib/swift_required.php");

One possibility is that $linked_modules_dir is incorrect on your system.

$linked_modules_dir is set here emoncms/process_settings.php at master · emoncms/emoncms · GitHub and should be /opt/emoncms/modules

Is the file /opt/emoncms/modules/swiftmailer/lib/swift_required.php present on your system?

Ok, it gives me /home/pi as the $linked_modules_dir ?

image001.jpg

Thanks @dori are you using settings.ini or a settings.php file to configure?

Hi

I believe settins.php but there is also settins.ini in my folder.

image001.jpg

At the moment settings.php is overriding settings.ini for you. Did you create the settings.php file from example.settings.php emoncms/example.settings.php at master · emoncms/emoncms · GitHub?

It sound like you have the old format installed and its using it as a fallback. I would recommend upgrading to the new settings format, you may find the .ini format easier.

copy example.settings.ini to settings.ini and copy over your database and other settings, copy over other settings from default-settings.ini as required. Then once you are happy, remove settings.php.

Hi TrystanLea

Thank you for your help, now email is working and the setup is stable.

Is tow factor registration supported? And how can I translate the interface to Icelandic?

image001.jpg

Where can i find the option to verify email when registering new users?
and why cant a make my feeds public, nothing hapens when i click the lock icon?

regards
Dori

That is not implemented AFAIK.

No.

The translation files are here emoncms/Modules/admin/locale at master · emoncms/emoncms · GitHub

You can submit a new file etc via a PR.

Select the feed and click edit.

Should be clear from there :grin:

Hi
Now i have started the translation to icelandic but my server is not responding, I always get english. Is there i guide for installing multi languages. I use ubuntu 18.4

Hi

I’m having trouble understanding the language settings, I have edited the po/mo files but see no change in the web page, is the data cached or buffered somewhere?

Regards

Halldór

image001.jpg

Have you set the language in the user profile?

You might need to add it to the drop down - not sure where it gets that list from unless it builds it dynamically. You might need to restart Apache.

[edit]
This came up before, I think you need to change it in the settings. There is something odd about the language selection logic IIRC.

This was the previous discussion but I think it was fixed. Help to change default user interface

Can we have more than one recipient for email in the process list?