Inquiry on EmonCMS feeds

Dear fellow members of this forum,

First off, I want to thank the developers of OEM for developing emonPI and emonCMS! Secondly, I would like to thank all the guidance provided in this forum by many individuals from all walks of life too! :slight_smile:

Next, I would like to seek some advice/guidance on the problem that I face at the moment.

I managed to include feeds to my account but the values seems to be wrong. I am been logging data as seen in the picture below. Please observe the values in the red box, especially in row 4.

Assuming the power rating is 500W and I use the device for 24 hours daily. I should accumulate less than or equal to 12kWh per day but from my feed, I am getting like 25kWh (and increasing) per day.

Note: I am using “10 seconds” interval for each feed seen in the picture. I just made a few “1 hour” interval feed to test if it will make a difference.

Something seems very wrong here and I am rather clueless. May I ask if there is any issue with the way I put my feeds?

I tried to read up on various posts on this forum but to no avail.

Assuming that my data input from EmonPI is always in WATTS, I would like to ask the following questions:

1. Log to feed - Does this value always log data in Watts or is there any required conversion?

2. Power to kWh - If my input data is in watts, does this function automatically convert my data from watts to kWh? Is there any conversion required?

3. Wh Accumulator - Can this data be used for per day on “apps” or the emonCMS mobile app, if so, how?

4. Power to kWh/d - Is this data reset every day automatically?

Thank you for taking the time to read this and I will deeply appreciate any help I can get! :smiley:

Best regards,
Chang

Hello Chang

The process you want is the Power to kWh process. This process will automatically convert power data from watts to kWh for use in the apps module.

Wh_Accumulator is for use on input data that is already an accumulating Wh input, it just removes resets in the input data that can occur from time to time - but in your case is not applicable.

Power to kWh/d used to be used instead of Power to kWh but Power to kWh is now the recommended approach and the approach used in the app.

Trystan

Hi Trystan

Thank you for the reply!

In this case, I will delete all “Wh_Accumulator” feed as my input is not an accumulating Wh data.

As for the “Power to kWh/d”, is it not working well anymore? And for the “Power to kWh” feed, does it reset every 24 hours?
’
May I ask what is the difference between “Power to kWh/d” feed vs “Power to kWh” feed?

Please refer to the image which is the configuration for “Page Settings” in emonCMS mobile app. May I ask for the “Wh or kWh Feed” tab, which option should I put if my input power data is in Watt?

Thank you! :slight_smile:

Best regards,
Chang

Hello Chang, this page provides a good overview for your questions about how power to kwh feeds works and how to obtain kwh per day Calculating Daily kWh - Guide | OpenEnergyMonitor

Hi Trystan,

I have a new problem.

The last time I posted on this forum, I did not manage to view the power usage and energy consumed on the website or mobile app. After going through the link you provided, I managed to resolve it by putting “use” and “use_kwh” to each of my node feed the last time.

However, I added a new input and feeds the past few days. The power usage is updating but the energy consumed is not updating. May I ask if there is any changes made to EmonCMS recently?

I used the exact words “use” and “use_kwh” but the second don’t seem to be working. Please take a look at the top-right hand corner.

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,
Chang

The My Electcric app doesn’t report “Today” kWh until you have more than one days data. You should find it starts to show data the day after you set up the use_kwh feed.

Dear Paul,

Thank you very much for your response, I deeply appreciate it.

Best regards,
Chang