Inputs keeps on posting new inputs

hoi,
i installed emoncms (last one) on a Raspberry pi 3
but when i start to update the input values, it keeps on making new ones… see att. below…
what did i do wrong?

thanks kristof!

It seems you’re missing the node id, that way an input belongs to a device. How are you presenting the input to emoncms?

Hoi hoi,

Thx for the reply!

Euhm iam using AICC program to upload it ( its a inverter controle program, aicc.org.za/)
When i use the normale way, i mean the https:/emoncms.org way, it works…
When i config. It with my installed version on my pi, it doenst…

How can i add a node?

Thx kristof

Hi Kristof

There is a error in the source code. The code does not have a node so when you upload it creates a new line. Did you download the app or do you have the source?

Regards

Paul

hoi,

i dont have the source-code… ive downloaded the app…

but the wierd thing is that the setup with emoncms.org and key works with node 1
and when i do that via my PI install it doesnt work…
ive made a node 1 and node 0 , but its not posting in there , its posting in Node NoGroup

Yes as I said the issue is not with emon.
The problem lies with AICC ( the one that you downloaded) It was setup to post to the .org site and as a result it work well enough but the moment you post local it gives you a new line for every data posted.
Only way would be to look at alternative software that can handle the local server or find a way the edit the source. (PM me)

How do you know there is a error in my code ? are you using my source ?

kristof! we will add the nodeid in the Pi version and release a new version.

Regards.

Hoi jaco…
Ofcourse iam using your code :wink:
Iam the guy you logged in via VM server to the PI :slight_smile:

Thx for adding it :slight_smile:
Lett me know, will test ik

Nope I am talking about Paul. Who says there is something wrong in my source code. I am just wondering how he knows what is going on in my code as he does not use our system.

kristof! I will mail you the new version to test locally before we release it worldwide.

Thanks.

Gentlemen, the two versions of emonCMS (emoncms.org and the version that you run on your own server) are slightly different. One of the differences is as @Paul_F_Prinsloo wrote, the way they handle an input when there is no identification, the node ID, attached to the value.

1 Like