How to use HSTS016L-200A CT Sensor

Hello.

How can I use the following CT Sensor

YHDC HSTS016L-200A

http://en.yhdc.com/product_detail.html?productId=103

With Emon Pi or create own circuit that an Arduino can read.

You cannot use that directly with an emonPi. The emonPi is designed to use only a current transformer.

You might be able to use it if you modified your emonPi, but the link you provided does not give quite enough information for me to be able to say with certainty that you can. Or you can of course design your own circuit to interface with an Arduino, and then use emonLib to calculate the current (and, if you add a voltage input via a suitable low voltage safety isolating transformer), real power and energy, and then send the resulting numbers via a serial link to an emonBase to provide the same data storage and web page outputs that the emonPi gives you.

Hi again Robert.

My concern is I have to measure current with the EmonPi for more than 100 A that is in range 50A to 200A.
I am confused if i should use the YHDC SCT-013-000 Current Transformer as I could not find any other compatible CT Sensor (specified in the Learn section of openenergymonitor.org) where I live.

You can use any current transformer with the emonPi, provided that you change the burden resistor (inside the emonPi) to give you a suitable input voltage for the ADC (about 1.1 V rms at the maximum current you will encounter). The problem is many low-cost c.t’s do not have an adequate VA rating to be able to do that. There is a range of suitable alternative c.t’s on the “Use in North America” page.

Good afternoon guys. use the sensor hsts016l 200A where I use it to measure a current at 195A according to a tweezer but with the sensor measures 222A how do I adjust the transducer from the screws I have at the bottom of the sensor?

Welcome, Nikos, to the OEM forum.

I have looked at the YHDC data sheet and I cannot see the screws you mention.
I do not believe you can adjust the calibration of your HSTS016L. The data sheet says that the output voltage is accurate to better than 1%.

I think you must look at the apparatus you are using to convert the output from the HSTS016L to the number 222, because this is where I think the problem is.

Do you understand that the rated current of 200 A is the direct current or the peak alternating current, and the output voltage is likewise the direct voltage or the peak alternating voltage - meaning the maximum rms current for a true sine wave is 141.42 A and the output is an alternating voltage of 0.442 V rms on top of a direct voltage of 1.65 V?
This means that if your current is 195 A rms, you are overloading the HSTS016L and you cannot expect the output to be correct.