I am going to compile the latest version of EmonPi (Oct 2019 – V2.9.2) as my unit is still running on the Oct 2017 version.
As I have no RFM69CW, I need to set the RF_Status to False hence the need for me to compile my own version.
I would like to use PlatformIO as it now appears to be the recommended way to compile the source code, but I have never used it before.
My question is do I need to also add the additional routines below (in addition to the src.ino file), and I would appreciate some basic information on how I do the compiling.
( I read the section on Firmware Modification, but it only refers to the EmonTX compilation)
- interrupt.ino - make firmware compile with platformio
- lcd_serial.ino - Tweak boot up LCD text
- rf.ino - Remove spurious ‘-’ at start of lines.
- startup.ino - always sample both CT channels
- temperature.ino - Add support for Dallas DS2438 temperature readings
Also, is there an Oct 2020 version about to be released and should I wait for it before proceeding?
Any other suggestions?