How do I automate upload of input and feed to emoncms online

I think I’ve missed something along the way. My data (input and feed) is only uploading to emoncms when I hit the upload button… Is there a way to automate this?

Hi John,
Are you wanting to upload the data to the “cloud” at emoncms.org?
Or do you want to keep the data locally on your Pi?

@Vster . Yes to emoncms.org

Are you sure it’s not being stored locally on the Pi? And the upload is moving local to cloud?

@TrystanLea can answer this better, but no, I don’t think so (it has come up before).

If the data is coming in via emonhub, then you can send it to the local instance and the remote one from there. They would be different data sets unless you added a timestamp to the data.

Hello @JohnSchols it sounds like you are using the emoncms sync module to upload data to emoncms.org. This module was intended only for use when doing bulk uploads at an infrequent basis.

For automated upload you can use emonhub following the guide here: emonCMS: Getting started emoncms.org — OpenEnergyMonitor 0.0.1 documentation

You will need to replicate the same input processing that you have locally, on emoncms.org.

It would be nice I think to be able to use the sync module in an automated way so that you only need to configure inputs in one place…

1 Like

Is there a new version of the “Log Remotely - Guide”, please?

Hello @LeiChat it’s covered here, perhaps not as easy to find as it could be… emonCMS: Getting started emonPi/Base — OpenEnergyMonitor 0.0.1 documentation

1 Like

Thank you. Looks like that config section was pre-configured. :+1:

The additional feeds I have created in my local instance have appeared in the emoncms.org instance, they just don’t seem to be uploaded automagically like the others.

When I can get SSH working I will give this a try.