Help creating a process

Hi,

I have an AC mains voltage input that normally ranges anywhere from say 105 to 115 V. Sometimes it can be 0 V. This value is logged to a feed. Any value above say 50v means the grid is available, anything less than 50, means the grid is unavailable

What i would like to achieve:

I want to be able to monitor the amount of time that input is 0 (ie: the amount of time the grid is unavailable)

The process i would like to create but unsure how to:

  • when the input is say greater than 50, I would like carry the value 0. Since the grid is available, we set to zero
  • when the input is less than 50 (ie: no grid available), I would like to carry the value of 1
  • when the value is high at 1, i would then like to then use the “Input on-time” to monitor the time to a new feed called something like “time grid unavailable”

Could someone point me in the right direction as to which processes to use and the order in order to achieve this?

Much appreciated

P

Hello @phamiltonsmith

This should do it:

  • I assume first process is just logging the mains voltage to a feed (not important here).
  • 2nd process should be multiply by -1 to invert the value
  • 3rd process should be add/offset feed by +50
  • 4th process: input on time record as time_grid_unavailable

This should do it:

hmmmm, when i hit sent on my question, I sorta knew I would feel daft with the, very possibly, simple solution - you have confirmed the feeling!.. :grin:

So thanks Tristan - for the simple solution and as always for your time and effort in this endeavor

P

Remember, the only daft question is the one that’s never asked. :wink: :grin: