HeatpumpMonitor.org: grid profiles and aggregation

These are useful observations (same for comment from @Blue). I wonder whether there would be a way to parse these systems into groups. Probably beyond the scope of current HeatPumpMon but might be interesting to energy companies.

That’s exactly what I do - I run it for DHW at night when the tariff is low (but ambient low) and at 1pm when hopefully the ambient is hih and I might also be generatin some solar. I also run it just before any room heating is likely to kick in so that it’s making use of a warm unit.

@TrystanLea Can you tell me if the Profile Explorer App on emoncms uses just the previous year’s data or does it use all available data? (Similar question for this aggregated data too!)

Another useful feature might be to generate the profile for the coldest day, though that might be just particularly useful for me as I’m trying to understand worst-case grid demand profile a the moment!

Rachel

1 Like

Hello @Rachel it is just the last 12 months. Can you select the coldest day from the aggregated data?

E.g is it the 18th of January 2024?

https://emoncms.org/heatpumpmonitororg/graph/476418

Is it a bit strange that demand peaked overnight on that day I wonder?

If we could do aggregation on the fly, based on filtered systems that would be interesting… would be good to understand if there are particular systems driving this shape…

Yes that’s a way to find it thanks; is there a way to know the number of heat pumps in the sample at that time? (I assume the normalised demand is the total devided by the number of active systems?)

I think the reason night-time looks exagerated is the non-zero y-axis. It doesn’t look that disimilar to the normalised monthly average if you reset the axis. This is one of the artefacts I’m interested in - it feels to me that given the way we operate heat pumps, with a set-back overnight, but often more continuous daytime load, we may move, as a country, to morning peaking during winters rathert than the normal evening peaking!

Yes @Rachel, you should be able to get to that from the feed view>
Emoncms - feed view

1 Like