HCT-0016 Hall Effect Split-Core Current Transducer

You are being very secretive. What board? Which emonCMS? How are you trying to connect? What are you trying to send? Does your data conform to the format that emonHub expects?

All the instructions for emonCMS are in the “Guide” section. This assumes you are using our standard set-up - an emonPi or emonBase, optionally receiving data from one or more emonTx or emonTH.

If you have anything different, then you must arrange to send your data in a compatible format. You should probably not change anything other than the configuration files in the standard emonHub/emonCMS combination to suit your sketch, but rather make your sketch compatible with our standard. That way, you will be able to update emonCMS without having to rewrite it every time.

Hahah, fair enough.

1. what board?
    A single phase emonpi based on atmega328P micro controller., which is consist of three CT input (CT1 = pin 26, CT2 = pin 19 and CT3 = pin 22) and a AC-AC reference voltage ( pin 23).

2.Which emonCMS?
Local

3.How are you trying to connect?
With RasberryPI 3 MODEL B

4.What are you trying to send?
Current, Voltage and Power

Does your data conform to the format that emonHub expects?
Don’t know

You need to look at the circuit diagrams and firmware for the emonPi.

The 328P needs to send serial data to the RPi, using the connections you’ll find here: emonpi/hardware/emonpi/emonpi_V1_6 at master · openenergymonitor/emonpi · GitHub

and your sketch will need to format the data and send it like this does: emonpi/Atmega328/firmware at master · openenergymonitor/emonpi · GitHub
(the function that actually sends the data is send_emonpi_serial();)

As you won’t be sending exactly the same data, you’ll need to edit emonhub.conf accordingly. There’s a template in firmware.ino for the standard set of data that send_emonpi_serial(); sends, and details here: emonhub/configuration.md at emon-pi · openenergymonitor/emonhub · GitHub

Hello @Robert.Wall, I am working on the same PCB with @irfiee.
Here, we have not used the RFM12 module on our PCB (emonpi board), is there any other way to send the data to the local host emoncms?

Thank you!

You can send serially, as in my post immediately above, or you can send serially to an ESP8266 WiFi module, in very much the same way.

Thank you for your prompt reply, But our PCB doesnot have esp8266, as we are using the inbuilt wifi feature on raspberry pi3.

The thing is, when I program the single phase pcb, I can view the realtime data on the linux terminal from PI, but sending data to emoncms localhost is a pickle as I am not able to figure that out.

Thank you.

So you already have the serial connection between the Arduino board and the RPi?

Yes, it is connected serially.
So if i use " sudo minicom -D /dev/ttyAMA0 -b38400" and put my baud rate, I can see the output on the RPi terminal.

In that case, look at emonhub.conf and set that up with the correct settings for the serial input, and that and your sketch with a consistent data format, according to the links in post no.19.

You must not have two processes (i.e. minicom and emonhub) trying to read the serial port at the same time.

Okay so how do I get the pi to read data from the board for emonhub?
Because,l when I upload the code to the emonpi board, I can see the output on serial monitor just fine (for atmega328p) , I just cant get it to show up on the localhost.
Also, in reference to the post 19 I have formatted the data as per function send_emonpi_serial();

Have you set up the serial interfacer, which is where emonHub receives the serial data from the “emon” part of the emonPi, for the correct data format from your Arduino? - baud rate, port, etc?
Look at

Hello @Robert.Wall ,
Thank you for your help, I was able to fix the issue and finally getting some data on EmonCMS.
The only thing I am struggling with now is, I am not able to change the date and time and I have tried following:
a)follow the steps to set the date

1. sudo raspi-config
  2. Internationalization options
  3. Change Time Zone
  4. Select geographical area
  5. Select city or region.
  6. Reboot your pi.

(gives me error: there was an error running option i2 change timezone)

b) via ntp

sudo service ntp stop
sudo ntpd -gq
sudo service ntp start

(freezes on the second command)

c) manual commands
date +%Y%m%d -s “20120418”

date +%T -s “11:14:00”

It just keeps saying,
“date : cannot set date :operation not permitted”
Also i did put my pi in rw mode before trying these by using rpi-rw.

I dont know what else to try?

Thank you.

I don’t know the Raspberry Pi and emonCMS very well at all, but I understand you need to set the time (and timezone) in two places - in the Raspberry Pi and in emonCMS.

I think @Paul might be able to help.

Hi

I have had problems with the pi time as well. The solution was running:

sudo dpkg-reconfigure tzdata

This enable you to select your local time zone.

maybe this will help set the time:

As you mentioned, make sure you do the rpi-rw command first.

EDIT: I saw references to an emonPi above so I am guessing that is what you are using.

The best information I know is in post no.17.

Hello Robert,

Thank you for your reply…!
I am able to update all feeds now locally and online. When I first started testing the data logging, (locally and remotely) it was working fine with the real-time graphs and everything.

I also wrote a new config for the nodes as i wanted fewer parameters to compare;
This is what i wrote:

[[61]]
    nodename = emonTxShield
        [[[rx]]]
       names = Voltage, Real Power, Apparent Power, Vrms
       datacode = 0
       scales = 1,1,1,0.01
       units =V,W,W,V

Do you have any idea how I could fix this?

@Robert.Wall @ian @Jon Thank you for your prompt replies.

That does not make sense. You’re saying what you have done, but not saying what you want to do, so I don’t know what it is you want to fix.

I mean, Like the first time i configured it (Emonhub config on local emonpi) to get the data remotely, everything was working fine.
I could see the real time graphs and everything.

But now, I cant seem to get the data to be viewed graphically. But I can see it receiving live data on the inputs page.

Does that make any sense?

5 posts were split to a new topic: Detecting an unplugged current transformer