I want to monitor my Grant Aerona 3 as well as our single phase main junction box. Before I start buying equipment I want to ask this community what components I need to organise if thats ok?
Why am I doing this?
I live in Ireland. We were lucky enough to be able to be able to move into a brand new home just over 2 years ago. The home is A-rated, and comes with wet underfloor heating downstairs, and low pressure radiators upstairs. The home is a detached property, with a footprint of around 2,300 sqft. We have no solar panels or tubes.
Each year I have made sure we are on the lowest energy rates from the selection of national energy suppliers. But still, I remain really surprised at our electricity costs. Having moved from heat-leaking, draft filled homes, I’m paying the highest electricity costs to date. If I use my most recent bill as an example, covering usage from 05/05/2020 through to 01/09/2020, a relatively low electricity consumption period. Our electricity bill for the two months was €487 (representing 24 kWh usage in that period).
I appreciate costs are driven by many variables. But these costs keep niggling away at me, and I feel that we’ve never really ruled out a problem with the installation. My hope is that I will be able to identify where I am drawing power in the house, and to narrow down if I have a problem, or not. I’m hoping this community (or a professional) can work with me on the data to understand if the ASHP is running well or badly (given it is likely the biggest energy consumer).
So what am I looking to monitor?
- I want to connect into the ASHP, a Grant Aerona 3.
- I have a number of electrical circuits on the main junction box I want to monitor, the ones I’m thinking of are:
- The main 80amp breaker for overall house energy consumption
- The 20amp breaker for sockets in our attic (I have low energy computer equipment in the attic and I want to know how much that is contributing to it).
- The 60 amp breaker for the ASHP
- The breaker for the immersion (rating TBC)
- The breaker for the cooker
Hopefully this all makes sense. I don’t want to be soldering anything, is there a configuration which covers the list above?