Free to good home: Elster V200 Water Meter Reader (PR6 1:1)

I’ve got a Elster PR6 1:1 water meter reader for use with Elster V200 water meters. I’ve not had a chance to test it. If anyone would to document using it with an emonTH I would happily donate it.

See datasheet:

http://www.johnsonvalves.co.uk/Data/Data%20Sheet%20No.%2001.12.01%20-%20PR6_7%20Inductive%20Pulse%20Module.pdf

V200 water meter:

http://www.johnsonvalves.co.uk/product/v200-water-meter

I have been looking at fitting a second water meter for IoT purposes as our meter is out in the street, too far for low power rf and no power supply for a wifi device. I would happily install a v200 and document hooking it up with an emonTH (I am just about to order a couple more).

[edit]

Just to clarify is this a new unused item or previously used? When you say you haven’t tested it I wonder if you mean you just haven’t used a brand new or known good device, or that you are unsure if it works at all eg removed from another meter or sourced secondhand etc?

Fantastic! It should work quite easily with the emonTH. It’s just a pulse output. It may require a pull up resistor.

I bought it brand new (at a cost of £40). I fitted it to my V200 meter when it was installed but never got round to connecting it to a emonTH. Too many projects on to go! My resolution for 2018 is try and reduce the number of projects on the go to free up time to work on a few projects better. Hence the reason for donating the hardware to someone else who can make better use. I’m really keen to hear how you get on :slight_smile:

I can totally relate to that, I have so many “ToDo” projects waiting to be completed (or even started in many cases) I am making an effort to focus on stuff I want to do this year, I tend to allow myself to get roped into too many things by friends and family (and work). Fingers crossed, a little more project time this year (disclaimer - this isn’t the first time I’ve said this so we’ll have to wait and see :slight_smile: )

1 Like

I’ve shipped the water meter sensor and the energy monitor to you today

1 Like

Hi Paul,

Did you manage to get this PR6 working? Has it been stable since?

Lee