Community
OpenEnergyMonitor

Community

Free to good home: Elster V200 Water Meter Reader (PR6 1:1)

watermeter
Tags: #<Tag:0x00007f1be775b980>

(Glyn Hudson) #1

I’ve got a Elster PR6 1:1 water meter reader for use with Elster V200 water meters. I’ve not had a chance to test it. If anyone would to document using it with an emonTH I would happily donate it.

See datasheet:

http://www.johnsonvalves.co.uk/Data/Data%20Sheet%20No.%2001.12.01%20-%20PR6_7%20Inductive%20Pulse%20Module.pdf

V200 water meter:

http://www.johnsonvalves.co.uk/product/v200-water-meter

(Paul) #2

I have been looking at fitting a second water meter for IoT purposes as our meter is out in the street, too far for low power rf and no power supply for a wifi device. I would happily install a v200 and document hooking it up with an emonTH (I am just about to order a couple more).

[edit]

Just to clarify is this a new unused item or previously used? When you say you haven’t tested it I wonder if you mean you just haven’t used a brand new or known good device, or that you are unsure if it works at all eg removed from another meter or sourced secondhand etc?

(Glyn Hudson) #3

Fantastic! It should work quite easily with the emonTH. It’s just a pulse output. It may require a pull up resistor.

I bought it brand new (at a cost of £40). I fitted it to my V200 meter when it was installed but never got round to connecting it to a emonTH. Too many projects on to go! My resolution for 2018 is try and reduce the number of projects on the go to free up time to work on a few projects better. Hence the reason for donating the hardware to someone else who can make better use. I’m really keen to hear how you get on :slight_smile:

(Paul) #4

I can totally relate to that, I have so many “ToDo” projects waiting to be completed (or even started in many cases) I am making an effort to focus on stuff I want to do this year, I tend to allow myself to get roped into too many things by friends and family (and work). Fingers crossed, a little more project time this year (disclaimer - this isn’t the first time I’ve said this so we’ll have to wait and see :slight_smile: )

(Glyn Hudson) #5

I’ve shipped the water meter sensor and the energy monitor to you today