Forgotten Emoncms username

I created an Emoncms.org login, unfortunately I forgot to make a note of the username I used.
I did however make a note of the password.
Emoncms.org only allows for requesting a forgotten password and not a forgotten username.
Is it possible to have my username emailed to me?

I’ve just PM’ed you your username.

Hi Glyn,

Embarrassingly, I have the same problem as Rich… My emoncms setup was done by a family friend over a year ago, and I didn’t make a note of the username when he was setting it up for us :frowning:

Would it also be possible to find out my username?

Thanks,
Chris

Good afternoon.
I’m terribly sorry to ask for your assitance for such a stupid issue, but I can’t figure out my user name to login. I thought I made a note, but obviously not.
It is for emoncms.org
Thank you
Nellis Theron

I’ve just PM’ed you with your username

Hi Glyn
I am in the same boat as the above. Forgot the login username and password.

Kind regards

Brian Lawrence

You need to do @glyn.hudson so that the message is flagged to him. Normally, @TrystanLea looks after emoncms.org.
(They’ll both get a nudge from the system now.)

Thank you :grinning:

I’ve just PM’ed you @blawre0000 with the details

Thank you @TrystanLea.
I have no Idea why I could not log in the other day, it just would not work. On reciept of your email I tried again and it worked. :confused:
Kind Regards

Brian

@TrystanLea

me is also one of the “noobs”

i created a new account for a electrical heating panel project

i still have the verification email from last night but that does not say what the username is

the email is: [email protected]

and no it does not matter that the address gets know by anyone :smiley:

I have sent you a PM

thanks a lot… now the “idiot” can continue

easily done :wink:

not related to the forgotten username, but i have setup a graph that so far shows target temp and messured temp

it defaults to monthly i think… and as far i can see there is no way to pick daily or “D”

am i blind? :stuck_out_tongue:

@TrystanLea

I cant recall my username, please can you send it to me?

Unfortunately i’ve been doing all the work on my home PC and now at work…

UPDATE----------

I guessed it after many attempts :grin:

2 Likes

Hello @TrystanLea @glyn.hudson ,
I have forgotten my username and password to log into my emonpi. I have had it for a year now but after a system update on my MacBook I don’t have any of my saved passwords.
Sorry,
Any help,
All the best,
Mark

Welcome, Mark, to the OEM forum.

This Topic is really about emoncms.org. There, the Admins have ways and means… It’s a bit different with you local emonCMS.

Have you got SSH access into your Pi? If you have, there’s a “usefulscripts” directory in which you will find “resetpassword.php”

I’ve no idea whether this is up to date, but it’s the place to start.

Yes i can confirm the reset password script in usefulscripts does still work