Fatal error - Cannot connect to emonHP to wifi

I’ve had my hardware installed for around 18 months but it’s never been connected to wifi and i’ve never completed the setup before. When I came to it today to finally set it up I have two errors. Elec: Error, Heat: Error. I tried pressing the button on the front of the emonPi but it wouldn’t cycle through the options. I turned it off and turned it back on to reboot it. I get the same errors but now I can cylcle through the settings. I have plugged it into my wifi router.

When it gets to Ethernet, it says: NOT CONNECTED. I enable the wifi to Yes and can see the network on my mobile phone or my laptop. I connect to the emomPi network and enter the address 192.168.42.1 and I have tried http://emompi.local but this is as far as I can go.

I keep getting: Fatal error: Uncaught mysqli_sql_exception: Connection refused in /var/www/emoncms/index.php:79 Stack trace: #0 /var/www/emoncms/index.php(79): mysqli->__construct() #1 {main} thrown in /var/www/emoncms/index.php on line 79

When I go back to the emomPi, the screen setting is completely frozen on whatever option I’ve left it on and no matter how many times I press that little button it will not move to the next option. I have to unplug it and reset the whole operation. But still I can never get into the next screen to connect the device to my wifi.

Please help me!

Hi Steve, apologies this is a known issue with older units when the unit is left running but not connected to WiFi for a long period. We should be able to fix it remotely if you can connect it via an Ethernet cable.

Please could you email [email protected] and quote the postcode printed on the QR code sticker on your unit.

Thanks Glyn. I’ve sent an email this morning, currently awaiting their response.

Replacement SD card has been shipped today