Extra space

Hi all,

I have read some post about expanding SD card, but I’m not sure it will work in my case. I want to be sure that I won’t lose the collected data.

I’m working with 17 june 2015 image, that is mounted on a 8 gb SD card. I didn’t expand, but now the following error occured:

Can't connect to database, please verify credentials/configuration in settings.php
Error message: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2)

This due to 100% used space:

pi@emonpi ~ $ df -h
Filesystem      Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
rootfs          2.7G  2.2G  309M  88% /
/dev/root       2.7G  2.2G  309M  88% /
devtmpfs        460M     0  460M   0% /dev
tmpfs            93M  284K   93M   1% /run
tmpfs           5.0M     0  5.0M   0% /run/lock
tmpfs           186M     0  186M   0% /run/shm
tmpfs            30M  4.0K   30M   1% /tmp
tmpfs            30M  208K   30M   1% /var/log
/dev/mmcblk0p1   56M   19M   37M  34% /boot
/dev/mmcblk0p3  788M  763M     0 100% /home/pi/data

How can I get access in EmonCMS to my data without losing?

I hope someone can help me out.

Hi Bart,

The 17th June 2015 image is quite old and does not contain the emonSDexpand script.

I would upgrade to the latest image (Nov2016) and use the emoncms backup module to export your data and move it over to the new image

Download the latest image from:

https://https://github.com/openenergymonitor/emonpi/wiki/emonSD-pre-built-SD-card-Download-&-Change-Log

Best start with a fresh 8GB SD card.

Follow backup and restore instructions:

If you don’t want to move to the new image, then I’m sure you could manually increase the partition size on your old SD card by removing the card from the emonPi and using gparted on linux (or windows equivalent) to move and resize the partitions. Be sure to backup your card before!

Thanks for the answer!

I tried the new image, but I experience some troubles with the newest image. Within a week the Raspberry Pi is malfunctioning due to something. Maybe interference of systems/robots on farms.

I’ll try the solution you mentioned.