Ethernet connection with wt32-eth01

I’m having so much problems with wifi. My wifi infrastructure is good and I’ve tried anything this past year.
I have this wt32-eth01 board laying around and thought it would be nice if I could make it work with the openevse. I saw a post in github about it, but I can’t make it work.

Does someone had success making this board work as an ethernet controller?
Thanks!

It should be possible, we use the ESP Ethernet Gateway from Olimex

Hello @glyn.hudson ,
I just received the Olimex board rev.G. Could you please point me to the right firmware to burn on it? And a diagram or instructions for the wiring?
Thank you very much!

Did you purchase the board from OpenEnergyMonitor shop? If so the FW should be preloaded.

If not, you will need to load: https://github.com/OpenEVSE/ESP32_WiFi_V4.x/releases/download/4.1.5/openevse_esp32-gateway-f.bin

See ESP32_WiFi_V4.x/wired-ethernet.md at master · OpenEVSE/ESP32_WiFi_V4.x · GitHub

1 Like

Thanks for the nice commit :wink:
The doubt i had is that the openevse sources doesn’t mention a G revision, only the F. And I didn’t know if I could burn the same firmware. I will try with the development build.

Yes F and G are very similar, no pin changes just some minor component changes which don’t effect FW. Here’s the change log:

There are significant changes going from E to F hence the different FW version.

@glyn.hudson Just a small question: The bootloader and partitions binaries that are on the flash command, they slided there or there are supposed to be found somewhere else?

EDIT: Got them from v4.1.4. Not sure if they’re compatible, but it seems to work.

Yes, they are the same

1 Like