Error in update emoncms

Here’s the output code

sudo php test_redis.php
PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library ‘mosquitto.so’ (tried: /usr/lib/php/20170718/mosquitto.so (/usr/lib/php/20170718/mosquitto.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory), /usr/lib/php/20170718/mosqu itto.so.so (/usr/lib/php/20170718/mosquitto.so.so: cannot open shared object fil e: No such file or directory)) in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library ‘redis.so’ (tried: /us r/lib/php/20170718/redis.so (/usr/lib/php/20170718/redis.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory), /usr/lib/php/20170718/redis.so.so (/usr /lib/php/20170718/redis.so.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or d irectory)) in Unknown on line 0
PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Class ‘Redis’ not found in /var/www/emoncms/te st_redis.php:2
Stack trace:
#0 {main}
thrown in /var/www/emoncms/test_redis.php on line 2

Can you post the output from this please?

Is this a clean & fresh Ubuntu installation or have you just upgraded?

Try without the sudo.

I’ve renitialized the system and will install the script emoncms again, maybe the error is in ubuntu and not in emoncms.

error when running ./main.sh

ln: failed to create symbolic link ‘/var/www/emoncms/Modules/sync’: No such file or directory
ln: failed to create symbolic link ‘/var/www/emoncms/Modules/setup’: No such fil e or directory
Update Emoncms database
PHP Warning: chdir(): No such file or directory (errno 2) in /opt/openenergymon itor/EmonScripts/common/emoncmsdbupdate.php on line 8
PHP Warning: require(process_settings.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /opt/openenergymonitor/EmonScripts/common/emoncmsdbupdate.php o n line 9
PHP Fatal error: require(): Failed opening required ‘process_settings.php’ (inc lude_path=’.:/usr/share/php’) in /opt/openenergymonitor/EmonScripts/common/emonc msdbupdate.php on line 9
emoncms@emoncms:/opt/openenergymonitor/EmonScripts/install$

I’m sorry, I really do not know what else to suggest.

I have now run the script multiple times on a fresh install of Ubuntu 18LTS (I reset the VM each time) and it just works apart from the few additional modifications I have outlined.

This looks like there are fundamental bits that have not installed correctly.

Do you have another version of emoncms that is stable?

It is not the software itself that is not stable, it is the mechanism to install it on systems other than Raspbian.

@TrystanLea is currently working on the scripts so they will be unstable at the moment. We are working on getting these right rather than trying to fix the documentation right now. Not ideal, but it is what it is.

Okay, thanks!