emonTx4 basic setup to emoncms

Hi,

First time user, received emonTx4 with the voltage sense plug thing. CT’s are attached, emonTx4 is on the wifi, in the web interface I can see power readings coming through.

Now I would like to be able to see some graphs, I have made an account on emoncms.

The next bits I guessed, I got a read and write api key from my account and pasted it into the emonTx4, it says its connected.

I then had to leave the site, and hoped it would just send everything to emoncms and I could set it up later… Now its later and I don’t know what to do…

Any help for a newbe…

Coming through to where? the remote emoncms (emoncms.org) or your local emoncms? They are completely independent.

It sounds like you need to log Input to Feeds to start recording data, see: emonCMS: Getting started emonPi/Base — OpenEnergyMonitor 0.0.1 documentation

The process is the same for local or remote emoncms.

local, when the auto launch wifi menu pops up I can see the data there, live readouts, but nothing shows on a graph, emoncms only has one or two inputs available

ill go back to the site and see if I can do something to get the inputs to show up, hopefully then they will push to emoncms automatically

Read through this page especially this section emonCMS: Getting started emonPi/Base — OpenEnergyMonitor 0.0.1 documentation

Inputs is just data being received. You then need to log it to a Feed - that is then the storage of the data.

Which site - still your Local emoncms?

thanks for the info chaps, ive worked it out, I was close but some glitch stopped it working, deleted the inputs and then put the read write key back into the local emonTx4 and it started pushing.

Its a case of first timer working out all the setup glitches.

Next problem, is I left it logging, and it worked for two hours and then stopped.

So ill go back again tomorrow to try and see whats up

2 Likes