emonTx is not powering up anymore

@TrystanLea will tell you. I do not have an ESP8266.

I dont remember doing that, can you remind me of the forum post?

Ummā€¦
Iā€™m not surprised you donā€™t remember it, it was Glyn.

I use Release 1.4.0 Ā· esphome/esphome-flasher Ā· GitHub to flash anything to ESP8266 devices.

1 Like

Thanks, borpin! But Iā€™m receiving this error message:

Any ideas?

Sorry no. Itā€™s works on all the ESP8266 boards I used it on (although that is a windows platform :grin:)!

The other flashing tool I know of is this one GitHub - arendst/Tasmota: Alternative firmware for ESP8266 with easy configuration using webUI, OTA updates, automation using timers or rules, expandability and entirely local control over MQTT, HTTP, Serial or KNX. Full documentation at

Ah, I have a feeling you have to do something to put those devices into boot mode.

[edit] yep GitHub - openenergymonitor/EmonESP: ESP8266 WIFI serial to emoncms link

[edit2] - can you not just do it OTA?

Hi, thanks for your support! Yes, you were right, I needed to press and hold GPIO0 button and press reset: It enters on bootload mode and finally the upload worked. The problem now is that the emonESP_xxxx wifi network is up but itā€™s not possible to connect to it. I tried different devices and re flashed the the emonESP but no successā€¦ Any idea, please?

Thanks,

Any error messages?

Sorry not from me - @TrystanLea @glyn.hudson can you help?

No. The device keeps trying to to connect foreverā€¦ but no error messagesā€¦

No problem at allā€¦ Sorry for all the hassleā€¦

Everything seems to be okā€¦

@TrystanLea any idea, please? The bin file is not workingā€¦

Hi,
I have an emonESP with a firmware set to 9600 baud rate because I have the 3-phase sketch on my EmonTx. When I try to connect to the emonESP for the first time to start the config, the device keeps trying to connect to the emonESP_xxxx network with no success:

Iā€™ve tried other devices, I re-flashed a lot of times with different tools. The server is starting as you can see below:

But when I flash the emonESP with a firmware set to 115200 baud rate this problem does not happen.
I donā€™t know what else I could do.
Thanks,

@Robert.Wall I have already compiled a new firmware with 9600 bpsā€¦ same problemā€¦ and when I keep the 115200 bps it worksā€¦

@glyn.hudson
I pointed @MarcioPaiva towards your pre-compiled 9600 baud file for the ESP8266 - I think itā€™s that which wonā€™t connect.

@MarcioPaiva
Can you try downloading the source file for your ESP and change the baud rate to 9600, compile and upload that?

It has worked in the past, for two users at least, I think.

We shall have to wait and see what Glyn says. Iā€™m sorry you are having all this trouble.

1 Like

Thanks @Robert.Wall. Letā€™s wait. :blush:

@Robert.Wall and @glyn.hudson I made it. I uploaded only the updated firmware and kept the SPIFFS. I donā€™t know how but now it finally worked. Now Iā€™m studying how to setup the 3-phase sketch to Brazilian system :stuck_out_tongue:
Thank you all for all the support!!

1 Like