emonTx is not powering up anymore

Hi Robert,
Both worked :slight_smile: the blink sketch and the emonTxV3.4 Continuous Sampling. Well, at least now the led is blinking and the sketch has been uploaded. Thank you so much!! Now I will test the emonESP again and I will let you know!

Hi Trystan! It seems now that is working… I will test it… See a capture of my screen, please:

Thanks for all the support! :slight_smile:

Good to hear @MarcioPaiva you will want to set the baud rate (velocidade) to 115200 to see more sensible output I think

My sketch has these 4 lines at the beginning:

Serial.begin(9600);
  Serial.println("Set baud=115200");
  Serial.end();
  Serial.begin(115200);

Thanks! Now it’s working! See:

My installation is a 3-phase with neutral 127Vca Line-ground / 220V Line-Line. I have already set the D9 dip switch to ON. Do I need to make any change in the sketch?

Thanks!

1 Like

Oh dear. You will not read the correct power for two of the powers - the ones that are on different phases to the a.c. adapter. This is because the new CM sketch is for single phase supplies only (like the UK & N.America).

You need the 3-phase sketch, and you also need to edit and re-load the software inside your ESP8266 - that’s because the 3-phase sketch cannot work at 115200 baud.

The three-phase sketch is here:
3-phase 3&4-wire PLL - V1.4: Post with checksums:
Update to 3-Phase PLL sketch - #15 by Robert.Wall

and the EmonESP special sketch (9600 baud) for use with 3-phase PLL sketch:
https://community.openenergymonitor.org/uploads/short-url/zegtvp5lICQT1w6J7ZoTXRnsiw3.bin
(or you can download the sketch source file and change the baud rate, then load that to the ESP8266).

You must carefully select the correct options in the sketch, there is full documentation (sorry but only in English) included in the .zip file.

2 Likes

Thanks again but did you mean this site? GitHub - openenergymonitor/EmonESP: ESP8266 WIFI serial to emoncms link?

Which zip file?

After the update of the 3-phase sketch, the output of serial now has nothing. Is this right?

If you change the baud (velocidade) to 9600 you should then see data in the serial window.

Then in EmonESP you need to change this line to 9600:
EmonESP/src.ino at master · openenergymonitor/EmonESP · GitHub
and re-compile and upload the EmonESP firmware to the EmonESP module

Or use the pre-compiled sketch that you (@TrystanLea) provided that I gave the link to.

Thanks, but a silly question… how to upload this .bin file into emonESP using IDE? :no_mouth:

@TrystanLea will tell you. I do not have an ESP8266.

I dont remember doing that, can you remind me of the forum post?

Umm…
I’m not surprised you don’t remember it, it was Glyn.

I use Release 1.4.0 · esphome/esphome-flasher · GitHub to flash anything to ESP8266 devices.

1 Like

Thanks, borpin! But I’m receiving this error message:

Any ideas?

Sorry no. It’s works on all the ESP8266 boards I used it on (although that is a windows platform :grin:)!

The other flashing tool I know of is this one GitHub - arendst/Tasmota: Alternative firmware for ESP8266 with easy configuration using webUI, OTA updates, automation using timers or rules, expandability and entirely local control over MQTT, HTTP, Serial or KNX. Full documentation at

Ah, I have a feeling you have to do something to put those devices into boot mode.

[edit] yep GitHub - openenergymonitor/EmonESP: ESP8266 WIFI serial to emoncms link

[edit2] - can you not just do it OTA?

Hi, thanks for your support! Yes, you were right, I needed to press and hold GPIO0 button and press reset: It enters on bootload mode and finally the upload worked. The problem now is that the emonESP_xxxx wifi network is up but it’s not possible to connect to it. I tried different devices and re flashed the the emonESP but no success… Any idea, please?

Thanks,